Well here goes.

Start my cat c training today. 2 days 1 to 1 and a couple hours wed morning then test on wednesday 11-30 am. Wish me luck folks

Good Luck. Who are you training with?

CosworthGuy:
Start my cat c training today. 2 days 1 to 1 and a couple hours wed morning then test on wednesday 11-30 am. Wish me luck folks

If that is full days and not half days then I will be interested to know how many actual hours behind the wheel and how you coped after doing the first 4 hours behind the wheel each day

A company where I was a LGV instructor tried doing 1 to 1 all day and found trainees brains to be fried after 4 to 5 hours so it became unsafe to let them continue driving - When we pointed this out to the company they said to give more long breaks so the trainee was not so tired which meant less actual time behind the wheel !!!

Its with boston lgv. 8 til about 3 both days and few hours wednesday. Im 2 hours in. Just stopped for a drink. Going well

I agree with Rog. My average C course is 16 hours done over 4 days. No one can tell me this is to short because I know by results it works. This is one to one training. However a assessment drive is always done before booking someone in for training. If I feel more hours are needed then will do a 20 hour course.

Always do a assessment before booking a course it’s done for a purpose, for the benefit of both training company and trainee.

Cheers

Paul

elmet training:
I agree with Rog. My average C course is 16 hours done over 4 days. No one can tell me this is to short because I know by results it works. This is one to one training. However a assessment drive is always done before booking someone in for training. If I feel more hours are needed then will do a 20 hour course.

Always do a assessment before booking a course it’s done for a purpose, for the benefit of both training company and trainee.

Cheers

Paul

Would you consider doing those 16 hours over 2 days or know of any company that would ?

Hi there CosworthGuy!

Just to say, all the very best with your cat C training mate. Are you looking to do C+E anytime soon after?

LJ :sunglasses:

CosworthGuy:
Its with boston lgv. 8 til about 3 both days and few hours wednesday. Im 2 hours in. Just stopped for a drink. Going well

When you’re two hours into training, I would have thought that a break would be an ideal time to reflect on what you’re learning rather than reflecting on what’s going on at TN :confused:

Good luck.

I found its always best to train in 4 hour blocks after this the trainee tends to get tired then consequently starts making unnecessary mistakes. It’s good for the trainee to sleep on a days training this helps them mentally digest the day.

Paul

The reason Im doing it over 3 days is purely because I cannot get time off work to do a longer course. Ive done 8 till 3 today. same tomorrow and 8 am start wednesday and test at 13-30. i was told it was 1130 but on paper it says 13-30. I felt today went well. made some mistakes but in general the instructor seemed happy. Hardest part was getting out of bad habits ive picked up over the last 13 years driving vans and cars etc

You will find it hard going with all that to absorb in one go.

Hopefully it will all be good tomorrow too.

Best of luck for Wednesday.

We go up to 6 hours - 7 at a push - without problems. This means that training can be completed over a weekend with a Monday test. But our norm is 3.5hrs and that is also fine. In all cases, 1:1. A skilled trainer can make this work as we’ve proved by the results.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Day 2 mid morning break and I feel lots more confident than yesterday. Instructor seems to think alls going well. Fingers crossed

Well I passed today. 2 minors and got told by the examiner I did very well so im now a qualified lgv cat c driver

Congratulations :smiley:

Well done, now the endless miles pounding our lovely motorways.
100% better than working in a factory.

Congratulations mate!

Congrats!

I got my licence back today with C+E entitlement on it after passing test a fortnight ago - still can’t believe it! :smiley: