WELL DRIVEN?

WELL DRIVEN? is a scurrilous scheme that runs contrary to natural justice, over 90% of their complaints are from people that do not know the Highway Code.
This scheme only exists to allow the public to kick a lorry drivers backside.
URTU members will be aware of the articles I wrote in ‘Wheels’ criticizing this scheme, WELL DRIVEN? had to produce a leaflet -‘Give a Lorry a Break’ to give to those who thought they knew it all.
Opinions from my fellow sufferers please.
PLEASE RESPOND TO POLL AS WELL
THANK YOU
ALEX SAVILLE

I often feel like phoning the number on a ‘how’s my driving?’ sticker and telling them that the driving is absolutely fine.

A friend of mine worked for a company that had the stickers on their vehicles,and it was common for, ‘ahem,’ people to ring up to praise the drivers. :wink:

Ken.

It’s a H & S thing like hi viz vests.
To even think of it as something that belongs in the real world or as something that deserves being taken seriously you have to be a inmate of a very secure institution.
i.e a H & S officer or a TM.

I had one on Wednesday and was mightily peeved by it. The again, if my driving’s okay, then I shouldn’t have a problem unless someone goes into dreamland :unamused::wink:.

I don’t see the point as they are usually on vehicles plastered with the firms details anyway.

I used to drive a van with the branch phone number on the sides and the back door, that was fun.

Used to get a complaint a week at least. He’d apologise and then put the phone down and call them ‘names’.

alexsaville:
THANK YOU
ALEX SAVILLE

Out of interest, what poll? :open_mouth:

I think all managers should have a sign on their leather reclining swivel chairs reading

WELL MANAGED?
RING 0800-…

OR

IF THIS MANAGER IS ORGANISING
DISCOURTEOUSLY RING 0800 -…

:wink: :laughing:

thay ought to have them stuck on their cars, so we can get our own back. :smiley:

The company I was a TM for had their own scheme, all the calls went through to the national fleet department, then they would pass details on to me. I had 26 drivers so would get about 3 a week, I think I only passed 2 in total onto the drivers (with a smile) the rest I either binned or spoke to the person who had made the compalint and showed them the error of their ways. Not company policy, but the whole company was set up to go against the drivers (hence why I left). The only time I have reported a driver is when I saw an 18t doing nearly 50 in a 30 zone outside a school, that was just bloody dangerous so got hold of the MD of the comapny and reported the driver, I hope he got the sack, drivers like him the industry does not need.

Good idea…all trucks should have them…then weed out the bad drivers…i worked for a tipper firm…he had over 50 mans..no limiters..so iwas coming down the A2 at 80 mph... when i got back to the yard the boss told me a woman had been on the phone complaining about my speed so she told the boss i had exceeded 70 mph..to which he replied..well ill tell him when he gets back…that truck can do 90… :laughing: :laughing: nice boss for a change…although he did put the fuses back in the limiters afterwards…
have a nice day

Sorry, folks, when I put this subject up for debate I was sure I was asked if a poll was required.
Since I am new to computers and this site I must have made a mistake somewhere, sorry.
Incidently, how do you get a subject brought up for a poll, any information gratefully appreciated.
ALEX SAVILLE

Alex, when you get the “Post a new topic” screen up, at the bottom is the section for a poll.

You need to put a question in, then the options for answers. It will also ask you how long you want the poll to stay open for. If you leave that blank it stays open permanently or the poll is cleared (I can’t remember which, I’ve never done it). If you don’t put a question in, or options for answers, the poll is cancelled too. No point having a poll with no question and/or options :open_mouth: :smiley:

alexsaville:
WELL DRIVEN? is a scurrilous scheme that runs contrary to natural justice, over 90% of their complaints are from people that do not know the Highway Code.
This scheme only exists to allow the public to kick a lorry drivers backside.
URTU members will be aware of the articles I wrote in ‘Wheels’ criticizing this scheme, WELL DRIVEN? had to produce a leaflet -‘Give a Lorry a Break’ to give to those who thought they knew it all.
Opinions from my fellow sufferers please.
THANK YOU
ALEX SAVILLE

Blimey that was a while back when that was in wheels. I thought it was good at the time hats to you, if you still have a copy may be T/Net wont mind you putting it on here, let some of us refresh our selvles to it and other see it for the first time.

well driven,how does it work :exclamation:

1/if you write down the number your commiting an offence of driving without due care.

2/you ring it on your phone your commiting an offence

3/ can’t be much wrong with my driving because you’ve got time to read the number instead of taking evasive action. :blush:

jon

I like the graffitti message

“If this vehicle is being driven courteously pleaase call the police -it’s been stolen” :smiley:

As seen on backs of several vehicles in the winter.

A friend of mine phoned up one of those “Hows my driving” lines once and finished up with a sticker for the back of his ancient BMW!!! He stuck it on as well. Now theres and idea…

Calv

Back when I used to drive, I always caried a permanent black marker, and changed all the 3’s into 8’s and 1’s into 4’s on the phone number.

We have 1000 trailers at my company that are under load at any given time, and we get 4 or 5 people reporting poor driving each day!

Calv:
I like the graffitti message

“If this vehicle is being driven courteously pleaase call the police -it’s been stolen” :smiley:

As seen on backs of several vehicles in the winter.

Calv

My favourite: Arrow pointing toward the drivers side marked “Passing Side”, then one on the other side marked “Suicide”.

Up in Quebec, they used to do sometiong similar with “Passez” and “■■■■■■■■