Well done to ee driver

Serious well done to ee driver this morning on Sheffield end of woodhead pass.
Am driving along towards Sheffield 6ish roads covered in wood pallets obv fell off someone. I pulled into laybye opposite j
Has had no choice but to run over a pallet so wanted check for damage etc.
An ee driver pulls in behind me. Next min he’s out his cab in flip flops no hi viz.in the road tossing the pallets and wood into the hedges. I went over waved at traffic to slow it down although wasn’t much about
But serious well done him.

■■■■ EEs ! Putting our road sweeping crews out of work!

Well done, for doing the common sense thing.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Looking at state of the wood etc. Been there a while. Makes you wonder how many wagons and cars even who just drove past it. And didn’t even bother to report it to any one or do anything about it

edd1974:
Looking at state of the wood etc. Been there a while. Makes you wonder how many wagons and cars even who just drove past it. And didn’t even bother to report it to any one or do anything about it

Prob find some would have taken picture of it to post up and complain though !
Edit.
Common sense also says not to run around in roads, behind blind blind corners, at night etc, but at face value sounds like a good act.

As much as people on here and Facebook like to rail on EE drivers most EE drivers, mainly those driving non-UK trucks, put our own to shame.

Franglais:
■■■■ EEs ! Putting our road sweeping crews out of work!

Well done, for doing the common sense thing.

[emoji23]
+1

Conor:
As much as people on here and Facebook like to rail on EE drivers most EE drivers, mainly those driving non-UK trucks, put our own to shame.

LOL.

Righto.

People may call them .God knows why. They work hard don’t complain.
Places I go to can guarantee if get there around there diner time. All the English ones go no almost brew time come back in an hour. Yet if it’s a foreigner he will tip me and and still be done in time for his dinner.

edd1974:

They get “called” deservedly so because of their shocking reputation for causing carnage wherever they go. And they complain about the job just as much as the native English speaking drivers. The difference is you can’t understand what they’re saying.

I don’t know why this thread exists anyway. Any driver of any nationality would have stopped and done the same thing if they had an ounce of decency and consideration about them, assuming that the road was littered with pallets as bad as the OPs post suggests.

Nothing to see here, move along people.

Conor:

Not sure about putting our own to shame but I will concur that an EE driver will help you more often than not while brit drivers is going to be hit or miss if you get a decent one.
I was about to back into a trailer on a blindside reverse once and it was a foreign driver who jumped out shouting stop to avoid the collision while 2 Brits sat and watched it unfold

Conor » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:09 pm

As much as people on here and Facebook like to rail on EE drivers most EE drivers, mainly those driving non-UK trucks, put our own to shame

+2 most will go out there way to help ,they just walk over and make thems self helpful weather u need it or not

edd1974:
Places I go to can guarantee if get there around there diner time. All the English ones go no almost brew time come back in an hour. Yet if it’s a foreigner he will tip me and and still be done in time for his dinner.

Couldn’t agree more with this comment, I always find the EELads at sites far more respectful to driver and quite frankly honest hard workers who just seem to get on with the job.

Same with Ethnic minority security guards… much rather deal with them than a bone idle Brit manning the fort with attitude problems throwing a rule book at you before youve knocked your engine off.

Rob K:

Conor:

LOL.

Righto.

Our own drivers can’t even work out the basics of doing the job let alone drive a truck on the wrong side of the road in a foreign country where you don’t speak the language and if you break down you’re on your own to sort it out.

Conor:

Rob K:

Conor:

LOL.

Righto.

Our own drivers can’t even work out the basics of doing the job

Yes, that is very true, Conor.

Conor:

Andrejs:
Drivers can t legally work 70 hours per week if work just 5 day per week.

Mon 15hrs
Tue 15hrs
Wed 13hrs
Thu 13hrs
Fri 13hrs

69hrs. So yes not 70hrs but so close it might as well be.

Conor:
Our own drivers can’t even work out the basics of doing the job let alone drive a truck on the wrong side of the road in a foreign country where you don’t speak the language and if you break down you’re on your own to sort it out.

Absolutely.Everyone knows that the UK international fleet was taken out because Brits couldn’t drive anywhere after landing on the continent and had to come straight back home.In addition to having lost WW2 because Brit conscripts couldn’t drive things like tank transporters and/or recover and fix broken down or knocked out tanks everywhere from North Africa to Northern Europe.

Oh wait more like dumbed down work and vehicles creating dumb drivers. :unamused:

We have had a load of EE working at our factory the past 2 years. These are workers not drivers and let me tell you that once they get their feet under the table they are as bloody bone idle as the Brits.
I’m constantly chasing up my loads only to find they are either ■■■■■■■ around on their phones or walking around the yard looking busy.