Well done Bucks CC

Great idea. Shut M1 South 14-13, then allow verge work on the single stretch of the A421 to be carried out with traffic light control. But not only that. In which direction would you think the majority of the traffic would be travelling? On the diverted route south or on the undiverted route north? With that knowledge how would you set up the timings on the traffic lights? Would you give a longer time for the south bound or north bound? They walk among us and 40mins of my life I’ll never get back.

Lack of communication between Highways England and a local authority how unusual!!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

most likely perfect communication between them and those in charge are cyclists or similar.

dieseldog999:
most likely perfect communication between them and those in charge are cyclists or similar.

When doing some work in the Highways offices of Kent County Council a few years ago I ended up explaining the different colours of roads on ordnance survey maps .
They hadn’t a clue of the difference between green , red , yellow and white .
They did know what blues were as they weren’t responsible for them .

says it all really.
by the time they fill every department with the correct ratio of foreigners,crips and doolallys theres not much room left for anyone with a brain in gov type occupations.

dieseldog999:

^
Rail interests and anti vehicle traffic deliberate sabotage of the road network.Who would have thought it.

Obviously done by somone who doesn’t live in the area. Who works from home on a Friday.od only does half a day Friday. And presumes everyone does the same and roads will be quiet

What I don’t get is they closed 3 of 4 lanes last night on M6 to do gantry work, 1 lane other night to fix a crash barrier, but to plant trees they need to shut an entire motorway.

I wouldn’t want to be up a cherry picker with only cones protecting you doing gantry work or lights.

As for traffic lights, they did that M6 in the last lot of upgrades. Oddly they got removed by dumping in a ditch rather rapidly after causing miles of queues. :slight_smile:

I got caught in that too last night, also on the A50 at Uttoxeter which also had temp traffic lights on the diversion!!! lol

grumpyken52:
Lack of communication between Highways England and a local authority how unusual!!

Indeed.

Round my way they’ve just put a limit of 7.5t on a regular cut through. I never used to use it as it’s hassle in an artic but the rigids used it a lot.

Anyway basically the signs aren’t correct and have only been replaced by the council, which is fine, but none of the signs off the A5 have changed so you still get lorries turning into it because there’s nothing to warn anybody until half mile down the road and there’s no way out of it.

So I emailed the council and they basically said they’ve done their bit and A5 signs are Highways Agency problem.

If you go to see them in person they are pretty easy to find. They are in the offices with the sign on the door that says the buck doesn’t even slow down here!

The M4 w/b was shut between J10-11 this week, and the diversion had temporary lights on it. It must be the end of the financial year.