Well confused hope you can help!

Started my shift at 0400 till 18.37 which is 14hrs 37min. I had 11hrs 1min rest but on my drivers hour guard it said id taken 11hrs until i ended my daily rest and came up that it was only a 9hrs rest.

Anything more than 13hrs only counts a a 9hr break as you can’ get the full 11hrs in a 24 hr period hope this helps example 11+13 = 24

So if i did 14hr shift even if i do 12hrs rest it still counts as a 9hr rest?

Your rest finished at 0400 the next morning as that’s when the 24 hour period finished, you could of had 20 hours off and it would still be reduced rest.

Daftdafdriver:

yes

Ok thanks for clearing that up!

Yes if you start a 6am you must have either a11hr or reduced break 10hrs 59 mins down to 9 hrs by 6am the next morning so anything more than 13hrs is a reduced break as said example 13hrs worked 11hr break = 24 hrs 13 hrs 1 minute work 10 hrs 59 minutes reduced break only counts a 9 hrs = 24hrs so you can’t work more than 15 hrs or you won’t get a 9 hr break hope this helps

Daftdafdriver:

Yes because the rest must be completed within the 24h period form the start of your shift and if you have done a 14h shift then there is only 10h left in that 24h period and therefore you cannot fit an 11h rest in.

As others have said as soon as your shift goes over 13 hours then (unless you are using the split rest rule) you have used up a reduced daily rest even if you don’t do another shift for several days afterwards.

Paul