Well boss you have had the crash now explain to the boss

oops well boss it was like this■■? over to you guys and girls now

copyright woodland olt
rte.ie/news/2008/0110/pattersond.html

Ingenious new way of washing the wagon, give it a bath?

New Defra bio security device has teething troubles…

:laughing: :laughing:

well not many people have seen the new fast sheep dipping system boss

looks like ’ A bridge too far ’

what did you say boss? I heard the bit about the ‘*******canal’ it was the bit before I didnt quite catch.

That’ll be this fella

Got €300 fine for taking a 45 tonne lorry full of piggies across a bridge with a 12 tonne limit :unamused:

Not exactly £150 gantry damage, but circa €1 million for a new bridge :open_mouth:

(Sorry I clipped the last “L” from the URL :blush: )

independent.ie/national-news … 62765.html

Mac that link’s dead. Try this one :

independent.ie/national-news … 62765.html

one of the local,s said all the trucks use that bridge boss

“to collect pigs for slaughter”

“many of the rescued pigs were “too stressed” and had later to be destroyed”

Why was this an issue? They were going to be killed anyway - or am I just being un-pc?

“The garda agreed that the articulated truck had no possibility of turning once it embarked on the narrow road.”

This is something that rarely gets mentioned when a truck driver has found himself on an unsuitable road, or on a diversion, or even towards a bridge that there has been no warning of and isn’t in the bridge height atlas (there’s one in Wymondham) - sometimes, there is just no possibility of turning round. I think where there are signs of weight limits/low bridges etc, there should always be an available turning space - or the signs should be placed far enough in advance to enable you to take another route. I have been in several situations where there has been a weight limit shown as being 'x’miles ahead - but the place you want is on that road - so how do you know which you will encounter first - the address you need, or the weight restriction? You either have to give the company a call, or risk it.

“I thought the bridge could do with a wash, It looked a bit mucky in the middle & some ■■■■ horse had left its droppings on the roadway”

what’s the betting the driver got the trotts when the bridge gave way?

I bet his boss was pig-sick when he told him. :unamused: :open_mouth:

But Boss…The satnav said…

grumpybum:
"
“The garda agreed that the articulated truck had no possibility of turning once it embarked on the narrow road.”

And of course the wagon wasn’t fitted with a reverse gear. :open_mouth: :unamused:

Spardo:

grumpybum:
"

And of course the wagon wasn’t fitted with a reverse gear. :open_mouth: :unamused:

Reverse was an optional extra. :smiley:

The truck weighed over 45 tonnes with the pigs on board but passed two 12-tonne maximum weight restriction signs en route to the bridge.

is it me or is that not a offence in its self unless eire has a bigger gross weight i dont know about?
and am i alone in thinking IF your going to run a under weight bridge you put the foot down! :question: :question: :question:

AFAIK the weight limit for a 5 axle lorry is 42 tonnes here until 1st January 2009.

http://www.rsa.ie/NEWS/News/Notice_Of_Extension_Of_Weight_Derogation_From_40_To_42_Tonnes.html

I don’t know if there are any agricultural exemptions.

There’s a load of laws over here, but not much enforcement from what I see.

well boss you did know i had a thing for fat cows!..