Well anticipated!

F… me I’ve seen it all now,these fancy new DAF’s are now commenting on your driving. Another message was something like ‘service brake or retarder saves brake pad lining’,and what’s that picture of a driver and steering wheel with a green tick and green bars next to it all about ?

New merc has this too. It tries to coach you to become a more fuel efficient driver.

If you drive like a … Does it become a nagging wife[emoji3]

Nice to see DAF is catching up with other Marques…Scania has had that info crap for yonks!

damoq:
New merc has this too. It tries to coach you to become a more fuel efficient driver.

Fleetboard it’s called and it’s a good training tool for economical driving and if you drive with it on it comes up with messages regarding your driving style.

bald bloke:

damoq:

Fleetboard it’s called and it’s a good training tool for economical driving and if you drive with it on it comes up with messages regarding your driving style.

It does work, but there is only so long I can be bothered driving like miss daisy before I switch it off![emoji3]

It can be switched off via DAVIE …as said it’s a driver performance aid

Wait till your driving in the snow and ice then it slams on the retarder because a bit of snow hit it and comes up with a warning you’ve had a collision.

I know one lad who spent weeks getting his driving performance up to the high 80s mark. He was distraught when he got it back from a visit to the workshop and it was down to 30-odd. :laughing:

It’s nothing new, the DAF 3300 ATI had an up and down arrow on the dash telling you when to change gear back in the early 80’s

Up/down the motorways, there pretty easy (if you’re steady with the gear change/braking etc) to average a high score but watch 4hrs of steady driving instantly disappear as soon as you hit a long or steepish incline or some ■■■■ steps out in front of ya!

Why is it worse to wear relatively cheap to buy and replace brake linings, than to increase wear and tear on the very expensive to replace drive train via the retarder.

Only thing I can think of is there is more profit in replacing a gearbox for example than a set of brake pads… :unamused:

nickb67:
I know one lad who spent weeks getting his driving performance up to the high 80s mark. He was distraught when he got it back from a visit to the workshop and it was down to 30-odd. :laughing:

It re sets itself once a new card has been inserted so that story don’t add up.

Whats the interior like on new dafs :question: they never seem to have many gizmos,no electric drivers window and mirrors , a brake pedal the size of a surfboard used to be standard :confused: ,air con if you were lucky…

fully adjustable mirrors ,electric windows both side ,had them for a while to be honest ,there is a range of stuff on the dash like everyone else ie alarm clock etc which has been there for years ,with more being added from October ,so the tacho will show on the dash ie driving time left etc ,like other marques already do …Like Euro 4 there is the option of the phone kit ,but on Euro 6 you can pair up to 10 phones at once …and you have the usb …But as you say not overloaded with what I see as crap :smiley:

bald bloke:

nickb67:

This '14 LF certainly doesn’t reset itself with a different card. Nor after battery isolation, which is at least twice a day when it’s out. Unless, of course, you are indeed correct and it’s faulty in some way.

nickb67:

bald bloke:

nickb67:

This '14 LF certainly doesn’t reset itself with a different card. Nor after battery isolation, which is at least twice a day when it’s out. Unless, of course, you are indeed correct and it’s faulty in some way.

I have never known DAF reset ,what may have happened is it was a collect and deliver by the workshop ,who won’t really be worried about %