Well and truly stuffed up my c+e test

Well, ballsed it up before even leaving the yard, despite a couple of nearly inch perfect practice reverses just before the test, I managed to do the worst reverse ever seen, not quite sure still how I managed to get it all quite so wrong quite so quickly. Total bag of nerves from the off and it continued in the same vein all the way round the test route. Really Peed off with myself.
Would like to say thanks to PSTT who are all awesome and In particular Chris who is a training legend, and to the examiner for the useful feedback.
So onwards and onwards, ill be back!

It’s never going to go well if the reverse is screwed up. But well done for giving it some thought and coming back fighting. From what you say, you’re fine with the reverse. It’s probably that old fashioned thing called nerves. And, once the reverse has gone awry, that’s almost bound to play with your mind and the rest of the test will maybe not go well.

Better luck next time. Be assured you can do it. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Sounds like the real world…

One day you’re reversing like a champ…the next you’re doing it like a chimp. There’s no reason I can fathom why some turn out good and others bad, I guess it’s just down to luck. The starting position is important, but that’s not a factor in the test as everyone starts from the same place.

Shame this time, but don’t be disheartened. Just put it down as a practice run and do it properly next time. You know you can… :slight_smile:

Really sorry to hear that pal! :cry:
And it can happen to anyone i’m sure, as it sounds like nerves…
Good that you want to get straight back on it, so crack on mate! :smiley:

Cheers folks, seriously though a reverse like that takes a very special, higher grade of bell end.

Not everyone passes first time. We all mess up, it’s how you deal with it that counts. You sound like you remain positive - nice one.

Best of luck for the re-test.

Dan.

Yes indeed, can’t wait to give it a mother shot, really enjoyed the few days training, could just have done with an extra day having not been in a truck since passing my class c back in May. Can’t praise Chris the trainer and PSTT as an organisation highly enough, totally professional set up. See you soon for my retest.

Wavestarved:
Cheers folks, seriously though a reverse like that takes a very special, higher grade of bell end.

You going into competition with me! :open_mouth:

We all do a shocker of a reverse now and then, I bet even the big boys make a meal of it sometimes…
I’ve had a few interesting reverses over the last few days, and hadn’t made a real meal of one until yesterday afternoon.
The silly thing was that it was an easy one, with lots of width to play with and enough length to not screw it up like I did,
Basically all I needed to do was put the truck in the middle of the yard over a grate (so the forklift didn’t have to deal with it)
But could I manage to do it? Like buggery could I !!! :laughing:
It took me about 8 shunts to get roughly over it (And I mean roughly…)
The driver with me was almost wetting himself with laughter! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And one thing is for certain, it won’t be the last time I make a meal of it.
So don’t stress mate, I bet you nail it next time!!!

Hard lines mate. At least you’ll know what to expect for the re test. Best of luck to you.

Dont beat yourself up about it, I did the exact same thing on my C test, screwed the reverse up for the first time in a week!! It was just nerves but I could have slit my own throat! :laughing: The rest of the test was really good with only 3 minors…

You’ll be fine next time :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:

Wavestarved:

You going into competition with me! :open_mouth:

We all do a shocker of a reverse now and then, I bet even the big boys make a meal of it sometimes…
I’ve had a few interesting reverses over the last few days, and hadn’t made a real meal of one until yesterday afternoon.
The silly thing was that it was an easy one, with lots of width to play with and enough length to not screw it up like I did,
Basically all I needed to do was put the truck in the middle of the yard over a grate (so the forklift didn’t have to deal with it)
But could I manage to do it? Like buggery could I !!! :laughing:
It took me about 8 shunts to get roughly over it (And I mean roughly…)
The driver with me was almost wetting himself with laughter! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And one thing is for certain, it won’t be the last time I make a meal of it.
So don’t stress mate, I bet you nail it next time!!!

I did same as you but least the RDC now got a bigger, better bay with some Aircon!

As said don’t worry about it but know what you mean & once the reverse starts to go wrong it not easy to get it back

I 1 day had the room of approx 20 bays & messed up ok I just pulled round again & slotted onto bay so can happen in real world

When eventually got to do my 1st CE test messed up reverse ( after start didn’t pull it round enough just clipped the cone went out for drive came back had 2 minors

Unlucky Wavey. There is some light at the end of the tunnel though mate.

You have made it into the bellend club.

Unlucky mate, I know how you feel I managed to arsenal up my class 2 test last Friday, been driving well during my training then come the test everything went to rat sh#t. Think it’s just the nerves, stick someone in the passenger seat with a clip board and everything becomes difficult.

Got my retest booked for this Friday coming so hopefully I can keep the nerves at bay and have a nice relaxed drive!

Best of luck for Friday then G, get some sleep and try to keep the nerves in check.