Welcome to the banana republic of the United Kingdom

You have the right to protest. As long as you do it quietly, and we can’t see you.

Journalists who report on things we don’t like, will simply be arrested.

Corrupt bullies will not be welcome in our government. If they are found out. And male. And white.

It’s appalling that several journalists have been arrested.
pressgazette.co.uk/three-journa … justified/
If the police are taking the line that if there’s no publicity, then the protests would peter out, then they need to stop taking the action of closing the roads, the petrol stations or whatever, just leave the traffic to negotiate the obstacles.

I hope the journalists are suitably compensated, although I’m sure the publicity will help their careers.

Eh? I think I’d quite like corrupt bullies to be thrown out of govt.

This is really taking the ■■■■, as much as I dislike what these “stop oil” protesters are doing it’s important that we protect the freedom of the press.

Actually we all have the right to video or take pictures from a public place, this is not a privilege it’s a right that we all have regardless of whether we’re press or not.

Sent from my mobile via Tapatalk.

tachograph:
This is really taking the ■■■■, as much as I dislike what these “stop oil” protesters are doing it’s important that we protect the freedom of the press.

Actually we all have the right to video or take pictures from a public place, this is not a privilege it’s a right that we all have regardless of whether we’re press or not.

No one has the ‘freedom’ to walk on a motorway to ‘take pictures’ of anything.
Just as 'the press or anyone else doesn’t have the right to join in an invasion of the railway or airport runways to ‘report’ on any such invasion but which for ‘some’ reason seem to be off limits to these pro nuclear anarchist luddites.
While I think it’s clear enough that the ‘press’ are a bit more than impartial observers in this government inspired false flag anti road use scam.You only have to read the Guardian or watch BBC propaganda news to realise that.
The irony supporting the freedom of those who want to remove our freedom of travel based on the false claim that CO2 cooked Venus.

Carryfast:

Venus.

If, for one moment, you can stop regurgitating Venus in every single post!
I think you will find that journalists were on road bridges across the motorways in sight of protesters on gantries i.e. fully within their rights to do so.

I agree surprisingly with carryfast if these reporters were actually on the motorway then ye that is not allowed. You need permission to film on the motorway i.e get out of your vehicle and wonder around.

However if the journalist was on a overpass that was not part of the motorway… More legal

So I guess it depends

I think there has also been some suggestion that journalists got tipped off about these protests so they knew when to get there and they did not tell the police.
Which is their right of course but may ■■■■ off all the people stuck in traffic

Carryfast:
]No one has the ‘freedom’ to walk on a motorway to ‘take pictures’ of anything

Unless I’ve misread the article they were on a bridge over the motorway.

adam277:
I think there has also been some suggestion that journalists got tipped off about these protests so they knew when to get there and they did not tell the police.
Which is their right of course but may ■■■■ off all the people stuck in traffic

Journalists are willing to read social media whereas the police aren’t!

Think the point is…the journalist was there before the protesters.
She apparently checked social media. Facebook or something.
Was tipped off where they’d be.
Either the police arnt doing the job properly. Checking up like she did
Or the journalist had inside knowledge maybe knew them personally.
Either way not good for the police force.

the nodding donkey:
You have the right to protest. As long as you do it quietly, and we can’t see you.

Journalists who report on things we don’t like, will simply be arrested.

Corrupt bullies will not be welcome in our government. If they are found out. And male. And white.

Typical leftie

stu675:

Carryfast:

Venus.

If, for one moment, you can stop regurgitating Venus in every single post!
I think you will find that journalists were on road bridges across the motorways in sight of protesters on gantries i.e. fully within their rights to do so.

The idea that CO2 supposedly caused a runaway greenhouse effect on Venus is actually why they are there
All seems rather convenient that they climbed gantries near to bridges to be met by journalists on the bridges.
Incitement was probably the law’s point.
Obviously all part of the government’s agenda regardless

So many seem to be off on one positing their opinions without knowing the full facts.

The journalist was on a public footpath next to a road that went over the motorway via a bridge. She also had her press pass and cooperated at all stages. She did nothing wrong and wasn’t anywhere illegal.

The police should hang their heads in shame. They sicken me. All week we’ve watched them stand looking upwards at gantries with gormless looks on their faces, day after day after day seemingly powerless until it comes to picking on a young lady. Shameful.

As for insider info… all journalists have sources but She even revealed how she got the info - by speaking to the Just Stop Oil press office who told her, it was no secret, as has been said they’ve not exactly been secretive about it. Yet somehow the police missed this cutting edge approach.

They should hang their heads in shame.

never felt so bad about my country…I do not complain about the police on the ground but they look daft stood on the motorway milling around at the bottom of the motor way sign looking at protesters having stopped 3 lanes of traffic …people trying to get about their daily work , mean while illegals sit in comfort in 3,4 star hotels with not a care in the world (they have been coming here since 2003 that I know of) food ,health care, heating, …and there we are bunging Ukraine with money and weapons while telling people those sitting on the motorway …those who are trying to work that there is no money and times are going to get hard GENERAL STRIKE and not to get labour or any other of the half wits that have ruled the country for the last 80 years grrrrrrr :imp: :smiling_imp:

Carryfast:
The idea that CO2 supposedly caused a runaway greenhouse effect on Venus

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

In the red corner, NASA, ESA, Prof Brian Cox, and the entire astronomy establishment, in the blue corner, some truck driver on an internet forum…

bbc.co.uk/programmes/articl … rlds-apart

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospher … 2C000%20ft)%20underwater%20on%20Earth.

Zac_A:

Carryfast:

In the red corner, NASA, ESA, Prof Brian Cox, and the entire astronomy establishment, in the blue corner, some truck driver on an internet forum…

No surprise that you’d want to selectively ignore equally qualified scientists but who don’t agree with the climate scam.
In the blue corner a poster on an internet forum who just happens to agree with an equally selective theory regarding what supposedly cooked Venus.
While ignoring the inconvenient fact of what froze Mars.
Not to mention the difference in temperature between the peak and base of Kilimanjaro.
In an atmosphere made up of 95% and 0.04% CO2 respectively.
All as part of a global government wealth redistribution scam which intends to impose an unaffordable anything but green energy policy on us so that our fossil fuel resources can be exported.

Carryfast:

Zac_A:

Carryfast:

No surprise that you’d want to selectively ignore equally qualified scientists but who don’t agree with the climate scam.
In the blue corner a poster on an internet forum who just happens to agree with an equally selective theory regarding what supposedly cooked Venus.
While ignoring the inconvenient fact of what froze Mars.
Not to mention the difference in temperature between the peak and base of Kilimanjaro.
In an atmosphere made up of 95% and 0.04% CO2 respectively.
All as part of a global government wealth redistribution scam which intends to impose an unaffordable anything but green energy policy on us so that our fossil fuel resources can be exported.

■■■■ off you boring ■■■■■

tachograph:

To be honest we have not had a free press for quite some time. Name one unbiased main street media source which is not pushing some government or corporate narrative? No one cares about real news, it’s all about the clicks and making monies.

From what I understand these protestors could theoretically be charged under the domestic counter terrorism act and held for up to 28 days while the lawyers argue the case. Would probably not stick, but would certainly make them think twice before shutting down the M25 again. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Planets warm up and planets cool down, just part of the natural cycle. It’s happened before and will no doubt happen again, maybe humans speed up the process, maybe we don’t.

Maybe if the government was honest for once and said:

“Look we are ■■■■■■; we are going to run out of oil before we have the battery infrastructure in place to support sufficient renewables to replace fossil fuels. Without new oil sources our supply chains breakdown and mass starvation will become a thing. We thought globalisation was good until Russia invaded Ukraine, now we realise importing tomatoes from Morocco because it’s cheaper than producing them in the UK was not such a great idea. Opec+ has us by the balls and their lobbyists have bought pretty much every influential politician/person on the planet except maybe Trump and Musk who are rich enough already and don’t care about the bribes. We are confident that you the British people will do the right thing in this time of crisis and reduced your energy/fuel consumption (also not panic buy 10 years’ worth of toilet paper). We are also confident the “free press” will not deliberately try to create mass hysteria for the clicks/£££’s”

I feel sorry for our kids/grandchildren, they are the ones who are truly ■■■■■■.

toonsy:
[zb] off you boring [zb].

The climate scammer’s go to argument when their lies are destroyed by inconvenient facts like what froze Mars and snow on the top of Kilimanjaro.Try not to fall off any motorway gantries or QE2 bridge.

Truck Net UK is what I logged into not Left Wing Whingers UK
If want to read left wing anti Government politics I would read Huff Post /Guardian or Independent even listen to the BBC News

The earth will get warmer ,when the Romans were here they grew grapes and enjoyed a nice climate (you can tell from history by what they ate and wore. Man has bean on earth not long enough to be able to say what these doom merchants say…yes it is getting warmer then it will get colder no one knows by how much …but in the mean time climate change has become a nice little earner for some .I will take notice when private jets get grounded, cars over 1.5 ltr are banned along with private yachts that are as big as ww2 destroyers and the likes of jet skis .when they dish out free solar panels and small wind turbines that is the time I will worry. :imp: