Welcome to our world

EU May Order Speed-Limiters Fitted To UK Cars

news.sky.com/story/1135815/eu-ma … to-uk-cars

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was thinking about this the other day, I don’t see any reason why they shouldn’t have them, especially new and elderly drivers

They kind of talk themselves out of their own arguement, Germany has 13 more road deaths a year than France. Now correct me if I’m wrong but I am pretty sure that France are one of the best at clamping down on people speeding with their huge fines and other punishments. Also Germany has Autobahns with no speed limits so if speed is the issue why only 13 more deaths? Education should be the way forward, better training etc. I mean come on you can pass your test having only driven on A and B roads and then drive on Motorways with no experience whatsoever it is total madness.

What are the populations of France and Germany, I assume Germany has a bigger population than France (would look myself but on my phone)

Limiting speed will be likely to cause more accidents not less.

Another loopy idea from the loony EU… :unamused: :unamused:

I’m beginning to think the likes of David Icke, Farange & Galloway aren’t actually nutters at all.

You cannot get legislation this wrong without wanting it to be wrong.

The lunatics really are running the asylum.

Do they really want to destroy the old world, in a maelstrom of their legislative incompetence, to make way for the new one?

Truckulent:

How? Every accident that happens is a direct result of speed. Because if all vehicles involved were static it wouldn’t of happened. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Bale Bandit:

Truckulent:

How? Every accident that happens is a direct result of speed. Because if all vehicles involved were static it wouldn’t of happened. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

When I worked on recovery I was called to remove 2x vehicles involved in an incident, I remember this one clearly because both vehicles were static at the time.

Bet you can’t guess what kicked off?

Bale Bandit:
I was thinking about this the other day, I don’t see any reason why they shouldn’t have them, especially new and elderly drivers

why elderly drivers? most of them go far slower than they should,not faster!!
and you sit bang on 70mph on the motorway in your car,and never speed ? ■■■■■■■■…
and you’ll soon see a reason not to have them when you have to pay for the gadget to be fitted to your car!!
and what about older cars without abs (in the link above it states the device will apply the brakes)- no doubt they will all have to be scrapped then ffs.
poxy ■■■■■■ eu.sooner we’re out the better

my cars already fitted with a speed limiter :frowning:

ok its set at 155mph but its still got a limiter :smiley:

The EU have come up with some stupid ideas but the idiots have excelled themselves this time :unamused:

Even if it was a safe system, which is doubtful, do we really need more costly regulation from the EU :frowning:

Bale Bandit:

Truckulent:

But if one vehicle had been going quicker than it was,at the time of accident,it would have been further up the road,accident would’nt have happened? :grimacing:

Some ■■■■ in an office has to justify his wage. It’s no big shock things like this are being discussed. There will be a ban on rush hour driving soon, a limit on how many miles we can drive a day, and so on until we get the ■■■■ out off this eu bs.

lynchy:

Bale Bandit:

Truckulent:

But if one vehicle had been going quicker than it was,at the time of accident,it would have been further up the road,accident would’nt have happened? :grimacing:

If you can’t see why as an HGV driver I won’t bother explaining.

By your logic the only safe option would be to limit all vehicles to 0 mph.

Great for the stats. but not very good for moving folk or goods from A to B…

then you get the one whos car does 71 instead of 70 trying to pass the one doing 70 then it all goes ■■■■ up or are car drivers going to learn unwritten road manners? i think moe chance of it all going ■■■■ up

Another article in the Sun was talking about “intelligent” limiters being fitted to cars that use prat nav technology so the limiters know the speed limit for the road they are on and limit the car accordingly, if the car has no prat nav fitted there will be a camera that can read the limit off the roadside signs - love to see this working on the managed motorway sections :unamused:

Chas:
I’m beginning to think the likes of David Icke, Farange & Galloway aren’t actually nutters at all.

You cannot get legislation this wrong without wanting it to be wrong.

The lunatics really are running the asylum.

Do they really want to destroy the old world, in a maelstrom of their legislative incompetence, to make way for the new one?

Yes. Although I’d say it’s deliberate, not incompetent. :wink:

You can imagine the scenario now. Car doin 58mph on single carriage way, car driver behind thinkin I wana go faster pulls out hits the limiter blrrrrrr then que on coming car, BANG!!!

I’m sure this story has done the rounds before, and no doubt there are those, here as well in Brussels, who would like cars limited.

I think this story has more to do with the politcal agenda of Sky and a chance for a Tory politician to give a statement that he won’t back down to Europe. Also why would They limit it to 70mph, surely it would be a European limit and that would probably be 130kmh.

Chas:

Bale Bandit:

Truckulent:

When I worked on recovery I was called to remove 2x vehicles involved in an incident, I remember this one clearly because both vehicles were static at the time.

Bet you can’t guess what kicked off?

No idea