Welcome to Cumbria. Not!

In an item on ■■■■■■■■■ Border Television News, ■■■■■■■ County Council have apparently put up ,in what seems to be all of the laybays, in the Carlisle Area;Signs prohibiting parking in any of the designated laybys for more than 2 Hours.Overnight Parking is also a NoNo :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: So if you are approaching the Carlisle area, be prepared either to fork out for parking on the Service Areas, or keep on going . You are not welcome . Although they do need you to off-load your loads of cornflakes, and other essential foodstuffs, before you leave. :unamused: :unamused:

Found this.

And whose fault is it that they are banned■■?

Coddy:
And whose fault is it that they are banned■■?

the governments for not forcing local authorities to provide parking and facilities for drivers which leaves us in laybys leaving the inevitable human waste behind :smiling_imp:

If the SAS can stay in an OP for a week and leave no trace, by ■■■■■■■■ into bags, peeing into bottles, making sure ALL rubbish is removed, then surely its a can do by the average lorry driver…

Sorry but have parked in a number of laybys this week its no wonder the councils are getting peed off.

So there you are trampers, not only do you need HGV, CPC and possibly ADR, to be able to stay out all week, you need to have SAS on your licence too. :laughing:

No offence meant to anyone - thought I’d say that cos I’ve not got me tin hat with me, :laughing:

Put it this way, its not difficult to tidy up, and keep your area tidy, esp in areas where there is a lot of natural beauty such as the Lake District…

Coddy:
Put it this way, its not difficult to tidy up, and keep your area tidy, esp in areas where there is a lot of natural beauty such as the Lake District…

Just having a bit of fun. :slight_smile:

How are they going to enforce this? If you pull in at 2200 and want to kip for nine hours I cannot see anybody coming out and slapping a ticket on your motor . I saw the signs on the news and it was a ‘No return within in two hours’ hardly the crime of the century. :smiling_imp:

What happens if you run out of hours at carlisle ? They going to fine you for obeying the law ? When your hours are up , you got no choice but to park up. VOSA and the police would class the layby as a safe place to stop. Maybe it would be a good idea to ring the police and ask for their permission to use the layby, therfore you have been told by the police (somone superior to some council dip[zb]) that its ok for you to park up. You never know mr council person, it could be your family wiped out by a tired driver, becasue he darent tae a break in a layby in carlisle through fear of getting fined.

Retards … the whole government are lol

I live in ■■■■■■■■■■■ I can tell you it isn’t the truckers leaving all the mess.Tourists, in cars,Motor Homes and caravans are by far the biggest culprits.I have actually seen these people chucking stuff out through their windows and leaving it in the layby and by the side of the road.I have reported some but nothing seems to be done about it.The thing is with CCC is,these people spend money up here and truckers don’t.So who’s the easiest target?

Problem i find with some layby’s is you go to put somthing in the bin and its full up and there is rubbish lieing all around the bin, so when it gets windy gets blown all over the place, or wild animals tare open a bag and scatter it everywhere.

Wonder how often if at all these bins are emptied, some seem never. I ain’t condoning litering but on the other hand the take rubbish with you type thing, thats fair enough if its a few wrappers and some empty bottles, but if its the remains of your dinner then your taking 11 hours off in this type of weather it will soon stink to high heaven. Ive never chucked rubbish out the window but i will admit i’ve tied a bag up with rubbish and placed it next to the bin which was overflowing with rubbish.

Compare some layby’s with a lot on the A75, a lot of these layby’s are spotless especially the more remote ones past Dumfries. The big layby just past Dumfries after the dual carraigeway heading towards the port where you can get food, its has loads of wheelie bins and big signs saying please use the bins provided. Ive stoped in that layby a lot and don’t see mounds of rubbish.

I have just been reading the News&Star on-line. They are going to fine drivers for parking in those areas designated as “2 hours only”, if no pay, then get Towed Away. I have put a response in on their Readers Comments section, asking the RHA, and ■■■■■■■ County Council to get their act together, and sort it out, by providing better facilities for the Undesirables who bring them their Cornflakes and all other foodstuffs,24/7.

I have spent most of my driving life on the continent and items like this really make my blood boil. No matter where you go once you are in Europe the vast bulk of people accept that trucks are an essential fact of life and therefore provide facilities to make your life more bearable. In France on the autoroutes
there are parking places for maybe 20 trucks situtated between rest areas, with basic facilities like toilets and water. These are kept scrupiously clean and seem to be respected by all drivers, shows that when you treat people as human beings by and large they will respect the effort people take to make their job more pleasant. This does not just happen on the autoroutes but there are Routiers on all the national roads where you are not treated like a leper. I was in St. Nazaire about 2 months ago and was able to park in the middle of the tourist area beside the german submarine pens all night parking provided for 15/20 lorries no problems can you imagine that in Britain. Sorry to be a bit long winded but am really angered by this sort of thing.

Disgracful as usual. What about the chavscum in their Saxo’s throwing their McDonald’s wrappers out of the windows?

Same old story;

DELIVER OUR GOODS
FOR A PITTANCE
DO IT QUIETLY
AND THEN BUGGER OFF OUT OF SIGHT! :imp:

Coddy:

who says someone cant leave his rubish in 2 hour behind,or let it fall during driving?

as you all know i work for the police and the only people who can enforce this is the local council, its not LAW its just another rule being made by the local council

also if you pull up for the night and have no driving hours left, i don’t think the police will be moving you on ,because i don’t and i have problems with lorry drivers parking up on an urban clear way on my beat, BUT, (must stress they are not English trucks) but if they stated to me that they have not got any driving hours left i would not move them on as i don’t want him getting done because i told him to move on!!!

SO JUST PARK THERE SOD WHAT THEY SAY AND JUST RISK IT what can they do if you have no driving hours left?

mickyblue:
SO JUST PARK THERE SOD WHAT THEY SAY AND JUST RISK IT what can they do if you have no driving hours left?

Wanted!! One volunteer to test that theory out.

They say that they are going to fine drivers who park for what they deem to be an excessive length of time, in locations where that bye-law applies. If the driver does not pay up,and zboff, they say that the vehicle will be towed away.Knowing CCC as I do, they will already have in place the infrastructure to carry that out.

I can imagine the reaction of a member of the ■■■■■■■ Constabulary Mobile section, who has been woken from a deep sleep, on top of Stainmore at 11/00 pm , and called to Kingstown Industrial Estate to sort out an intransigent trucker parked in contravention of the CCC bye-law. To be told that mickey blue on TNUK advised them to take that course of action. The air would be blue ,mickey ; The driver would get tasered, just for the hell of it.

What,s needed in this country is a bit of French Transport industry style Direct Action.Blockade ■■■■■■■■■■■■ Tesco/Morrisons/Aldi/and the Co-op run out of Rice Crispies, ■■■■■■■ County Council would have toilets/ cafes/ rest rooms/saunas/ massage parlours. and tattoo bars installed in every layby,within days. The only problem then would be ,that the Travelling Community would move in and take them over.They of course ,are not subject to the same crap treatment as members of the Road Haulage Industry. So we would be back where we started.

Give Mickey,s Theory a go. I,ll keep my eyes on the News&Star, to see how you get on. :unamused: :unamused:

I know a lad who used to be a traffic warden in Carlisle, he informed me that they usually knock off at 5. There’s one patrol that works till 8 one day a week and one patrol that works sundays. No-one works more than that as the council wont pay the overtime. I’ll have a quiet word with him and see what’s the bobby over these laybys.

Here’s an interesting thought. To enforce a parking bay, there needs to be a traffic regulating order- TRO. Without that, any tickets issued are illegal and not worth the paper they’re printed on. It takes a while to get one through. If someone in the know can check, I think you’ll find there are no legal TRO’s in place as the council has erected the signs whilst waiting for the paperwork to come through. :wink: