Welcome break..............

ban poppy appeal collections from their service stations.

Can’t believe they have done this, I for one won’t be spending a penny at their facilities in future, they won’t miss what I spend but id rather give my money to a company that supports our armed forces, past and present.

PLUS 1 …they would rather alienate armed forces supporters rather than those who don’t

I doubt that they will miss my few quid either…but they won’t be getting it!
Disgraceful.

selby newcomer:
ban poppy appeal collections from their service stations

Do you have a link to your source apart from the RDC :question:

Welcome Break continues to support the Poppy Appeal at all 27 of its locations across the UK. Poppy collection boxes will be visible at all sites during the run up to Remembrance Sunday on 9th November 2014.

Posted on Welcome breaks facebook today :wink:

Welcome break are refusing to let veterans use their sites for collections, I apologise that I was wrong on my 1st post, but it’s still disgraceful not allowing veterans on their sites to collect

speedyguy:

selby newcomer:

I don’t need to make ■■■■ up, I’ve got a life

Regardless of the name of the charity and how “respected” they are deemed to be by people, I welcome not having a chugger rattle a tin in my face when going for a ■■■■/shower/whatever. There are plenty of other channels to support your chosen charities without having people try to force them upon you.

facebook.com/WelcomeBreakServices

Left hand down!:
Regardless of the name of the charity and how “respected” they are deemed to be by people, I welcome not having a chugger rattle a tin in my face when going for a ■■■■/shower/whatever. There are plenty of other channels to support your chosen charities without having people try to force them upon you.

I’ve yet to have a (“chugger” as you disrespectfully call them) war veteran rattle a tin in my face, they always just stand quietly and with dignity in the hope that they are seen and people will donate some money, their not on commission like other charity collectors are.

I also have never seen anyone selling poppies acting as a “chugger”.
They are usually either veterans are young cadets etc.

“Chuggers” are paid for their efforts - hence their tendency to get in your face and do the high pressure pushy stuff. Poppy Appeal collectors are invariably volunteers - often veterans - and are a totally different kettle of fish.

Besides, Welcome Break are listed as one of the corporate supporters of the Poppy Appeal, so I’d be very surprised to find that they are not allowing collectors on their sites.

selby newcomer:
Welcome break are refusing to let veterans use their sites for collections, I apologise that I was wrong on my 1st post, but it’s still disgraceful not allowing veterans on their sites to collect

Is this a national policy, or just the local management on one site?

selby newcomer:

speedyguy:

selby newcomer:

I don’t need to make [zb] up, I’ve got a life

selby newcomer:
Welcome break are refusing to let veterans use their sites for collections, I apologise that I wrong on my 1st post, but it’s still disgraceful not allowing veterans on their sites to collect

I hear Pediatricians have been attacked in place of Paedophiles when people “get things wrong”.

Maybe I’m blind so far but can someone link me to the categorical statement from Welcome break where it says veterans will not be allowed on site,

Is it one specific site or all sites ?

As Raymondo points out is it a misguided site manager or company policy

speedyguy:

selby newcomer:

speedyguy:

selby newcomer:

I don’t need to make [zb] up, I’ve got a life

selby newcomer:
Welcome break are refusing to let veterans use their sites for collections, I apologise that I wrong on my 1st post, but it’s still disgraceful not allowing veterans on their sites to collect

I hear Pediatricians have been attacked in place of Paedophiles when people “get things wrong”.

Maybe I’m blind so far but can someone link me to the categorical statement from Welcome break where it says veterans will not be allowed on site,

Is it one specific site or all sites ?

As Raymondo points out is it a misguided site manager or company policy

It was Roymundo (there is a Raymundo as well).

I wonder if they have a blanket policy of no charity collecting rather than one specifically excluding poppy sellers.

Own Account Driver:
I wonder if they have a blanket policy of no charity collecting rather than one specifically excluding poppy sellers.

You could ask them the question, I think the MSAcommercial teams charge a minimum £300 a day for a pitch.

From the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal website:

22 October 2014
The Royal British Legion’s Poppy Appeal is pleased, once again, to be working with Welcome Break at its many locations across the UK during this year’s Appeal. The Legion is grateful for the support that Welcome Break is providing to the Poppy Appeal, including permission to collect on site, and the Legion also understands that their chosen charity Children in Need will at times receive priority.

http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/about-us/news/poppy-appeal/welcome-break

If this story is true, then it will eventually go viral and they will lose a lot of customers, however if it is true, and the poppy sellers are declined then its a sad state of affairs, i have ordered a poppy for my car, and i will give to the poppy sellers in my town like i always do, as it supports a good cause, in fact i only ever give to genuine charities, and have this morning given a donation to Macmillan Cancer trust, who i support wholeheartedly.