Welcome break shower charges

Wheel Nut:
I got accosted by the CP parking attendant at Warwick Services on Wednesday night as I walked back to my truck.

Welcome Break have come up with a plan to make more money. They are now going to charge drivers a fiver to use the new showers with a £10 deposit for the key, regardless of whether you are parking or not.

Dont shoot the messenger :shock

WHEN iI saw this WHEELNUT, i thought that perhaps it would be better

here, as not every one lwill look at that post,I have found a site where if you wish,it is possible to send a written e-mail deploreing the extravegant price that ,they will impose for the use of a shower,ONE which is so high and for what reason,even over here in Europe,i have never had to pay such a high price also,when one parks on the european motorways,there is no charge, and the security is superior than that given on the motorway-stops in Great–Britian,

here is a link where one can ask why they need to charge so much,

TRY-HERE

I have seen comments on some forums regarding parking charges, where a bizarre argument was put forward saying that it wasn’t all great in Europe has you have to pay for showers and they didn’t have to pay for showers in the UK, only for parking. Now personally I never understood that argument as I know which I would rather pay, a couple of quid, at the most, for a shower that is cleaned after every use or £10, £15 or £20 for parking. Now it looks like they have taken a leaf from the European book and will charge for showers, does this mean they will be dropping the parking charges? What, they won’t be? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Now there’s a surprise, not. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

yes Niel they do charge for a shower ““IF”“you do not re-fuel there; but
even then ;it does not cost “” 7.50€ “”;at the most “” 2€””:

Truck stops over here give out bonus cards (like a credit card).

When you fuel up just swipe it at the fuel pump and you get a credit for a shower and points,based on gallons, to spend in the store. :wink:
Shower credits are good for a couple of weeks.Points last indefinitly,I’m saving mine for a new CB :sunglasses:
As for parking a minority of truck stops want $20 for overnight parking if you don’t buy any fuel. :imp:

didnt i read in a tuck mag recently that welcome break are looking at ways to improve their sites for trucks?, someone ought to tell them that isnt the way to go about it :confused: :confused:

brit pete:
yes Niel they do charge for a shower ““IF”“you do not re-fuel there; but
even then ;it does not cost “” 7.50€ “”;at the most “” 2€””:

Yes Pete, that’s what I said. The most I ever paid for a shower was €3, but for that also got you a free cup of coffee. In fact you can get a free shower even if you don’t fuel. At most Shell stops for instance you only have to show them your Euroshell card to get a free shower even if you haven’t fuelled there.

Longwayround:
As for parking a minority of truck stops want $20 for overnight parking if you don’t buy any fuel. :imp:

A lot of German stops have taken to charging around €10 but you get vouchers to the same value as the parking charge, which you can use to pay for your meal, drinks at the bar or spend in the shop. It doesn’t actually cost you anything, as long as you are intending to eat or buy something and is done to discourage drivers taking up a parking space but then not spending anything.

wirralpete:
didnt i read in a tuck mag recently that welcome break are looking at ways to improve their sites for trucks?,

Maybe they meant improve their profits from trucks. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

][/b] The motorway stops do not raise charges for parking, it is only
the TRUCK stops who are ““OFF the motorway”” which raise a charge
and this gets RETURNED when you go for a meal as you use this
parking ticket to pay for the meal, THERE are however SECURE
SITES where a charge is raised but these sites are SECURE
unlike those so-called sites inthe UK where trucks have parked,
the RHA and FTA should have a list of these sites also your
insurance company as well.

they also said that the where looking at having a separate truckers menu, cant wait to see the prices for it!

As i understand it the continental countries only started charging for parking to deter the old eastern bloc drivers from filling up their lorry parks and not spending money in the failities. Hence they now charge a nominal fee and give it back in the form of vouchers for the meal.

im always happy to pay a few quid for a warm clean shower, and a few quid more for secure parking where i can come back to the wagon and not find the curtains have been slashed.

Motorway operators in the uk are the new ■■■■ turpin. they are privatised companies whose only drive is to maximise profits. that means chaging as much as they can for what they can. unfortunately they have us over a barrell, the law says we must stop and take breaks - for many motorway facilities are the only option.

if they have invested money in building or refurbishing showers then they are entitled to recoup that money from the end user, but 5 quid a pop - daylight bloody robbery imo.

Dont shower, wait till it rains.

So that drivers are not misled by rumours.

Welcome Break Director has confirmed with me today, That all showers at Welcome Break services will remain FREE to all hgv drivers.

Funny how rumours can spread :unamused:

Bloody hell.looks like buying a cullender for the summer as they can kiss my arse if they think i’m paying that!!
What with Moto charging to get water on the forecourts and Welcome break doing this i can see even less people coming into the industry!
My god and i thought ■■■■ Turpin was dead!!!

Sod it,should have read Bazman’s post first before posting the above.Still peeved at moto though!

I have only just come on line and read my mail ,where upon
i had mail from BARRIE,okay if this is right,then it is good news
but why do they notsend a e-mail out to all trucker sites ADMIN:MODS
confirming this,