Weights and dimesions. centre of gravity. weight distrubtion

Hi guys im davy. Ive been om here before. Im near ready for my module 4, and was wanting to know what my topic reads weights and dimesions etc those 3 things. Im not sure where they are. Im not 100% on them so if sombody could tell me it would be a great help. Its the only thing im not sure about. As im egar to move on too my class 1, any advice greatly apprecated. Dont want to look stupied on the day. Thanxs guys :slight_smile:

Easier to show than tell so rely on your mod 4 instructor

your weight and dimensions info is in the cab of the truck, your instructor will show you where to find them. s/he will also explain the centre of gravity under different loads (1mtr from the headboard and down the spine of the truck. I was told this is rule of thumb). I did my mod 4 on the 5th, got my wee blue card yesterday :smiley: just waiting on the licence to come through now. Good luck for your Mod 4 mate.

Thanks dannyb and rog. Apprecate it guys :smiley:

how long of a training period have you got booked prior to the test? Don’t stress about the demo cage it’s simple, the load lay out was all I was worried about and I didn’t even demonstrate it on the truck. I did it in doors on a crate next to the demo cage, examiner “imagine this was your truck…”

Hi danny. I passed my class 2 in feb 2012, i know i should been driving by now. Ive had my cpc mod 2 frm april 5 2012, so as you know im meant to have it done by april 2014, anyways my trainer sent my papers out after i passed mod 2, with a note be in contact with a date. That was april 12, I had all my mod 4 studyed.while i waited on his call. But then i startd work for big car hire firm in airport here in ireland. Its partly my fault also not chasing him up. But i was working also. Driving fancy cars which i love hence hgv driving. By the way this is all not coming from my pocket. My class 2 was paid for here in ireland. Its bk to work scheme. So i went and seen the women who put me threw it all and she said she rang my trainer the other day and he was to ring me yestrday which he hasnt. So i dont know what time scale i have. And there puting me threw my my class 1 also. So you can imagine how quick i want to finish mod4, hgv is what i want to do. Abs love driving

nice one, I wish someone would pay for me to get my class 1 (I should track down that tramper who won the lotto and get him to pay for my class 1 :laughing:). I had 45 mins training prior to my mod 4 (I was shown how to use the chain tensioner as I had never used one before, I had used straps and bar before) and given a copy of the examiner’s questions to read over. The mod 4 itself was done and dusted in 15 mins. Drug/stowaway, indicate every gap you could fit your hand in or a surface you can’t see like the back of the side rails and around the fuel tank, back of the cab etc then have a good look under the truck. I explained if any seals or locks on the back door (also side door if the waggon has one) looked tampered with I would check in and around the load and he was happy with that and told me not to bother opening the back up and he only made me do the drug/stowaway check down one side of the truck. Noone tells you but open and check the adblue tank. He comended me for this as no one had done it before for him. Other than that it’s daily checks and cab check. All the stuff you need to know about the hight, weights, tacho calibration, limiter etc the instructor will show you where to find the info in the cab. Good luck when it rolls round not that you’ll need it.

Lol wouldnt mind some of that trampers money myself :laughing: . Cheers dan great help mate. Have you any plans of doing your class 1? Im very lucky to get that paid for me. I thought id have to start class 2 work to pay for it. But all i had to do was sign few forms yestrday and the girl is going to get the funding for me. As she did for class 2, its a job assist thing the goverment runs over here. I was working for chiense company over here who supple dry goods and stuff to restraunts chienses. Hot food places. Do everything you can think of. Class 2 lorrys it was in as helper. Left the job due to persnoal reasons bfore xmas. Lets say not good ppl work for. Really want my class 1, bit better money than class 2 but dont think by much :laughing:

I’ll need to get working first, it’s about £1000-£1200 for the class 1 so my crappy little wage (only working 25 hrs a week) at the mo aint gonna cover it and I’ve just sank nigh on 2k into my class 2 and cpc so I’m broke now. If you are reading this DO NOT use a broker :laughing:

Hopefully you will get money from somewhere for your class 1, no mate ill use the same guy i used for class 2, though that trainer has already been paid from my class 2 includes my mod 4 also. So he need to ring me asap as my mod 4 needs be complete by april 5 14, or my mod 2 is useless and ill have to sit mod 2 again

go around and chap the door. They need to get a dsa examiner in to do it, so they’ll need to book her/him in. It was nigh on a month from passing my class 2 to getting my mod 4 and I booked it (well the broker did) the same day as I passed my class 2. I was on their back the whole day to get me a date.

Thats not bad going mate. See i worked for budget car hire company at the airport here. Last job was chiense delivery firm class 2 lorrys as helper. So was my fault also not chaseing him up. Driving some fancy cars which im also into. Love me driving. Im gona have to chase him up as he was suppose ring me monday. Then i called to see the girl whose sorting out my class 1 and i told her he hadnt rang me so she was to chase him up. I must ring her tomorrow. Cant start class 1 until mod 4 done

so how is this moving along? Have to kicked up a stink at the brew yet?

I asked over in the UK about getting hgv paid for when I was out of work, the only back to work scheme you get here is the chance to be on the Jeremy vile show :stuck_out_tongue:.

noney82:
I asked over in the UK about getting hgv paid for when I was out of work, the only back to work scheme you get here is the chance to be on the Jeremy vile show :stuck_out_tongue:.

:laughing: it’s too true, I spent 3 mths dealing with them after my redundancy. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. 16 yrs of solid employment = a shed load of tax paid by me and all the retraining I got offered was an ILA for my cscs card.

Cscs card wow they pushed the boat out there. At the time I was out of work I has done 4 half years as a apprentice heating engineer. The company folded and so did my training. No other company would take me on, so I asked for a government grant to pay. They said we can’t but we can send you on a 1 day folk lift truck course with no actual licence at the end of it. Pointless!

noney82:
Cscs card wow they pushed the boat out there. At the time I was out of work I has done 4 half years as a apprentice heating engineer. The company folded and so did my training. No other company would take me on, so I asked for a government grant to pay. They said we can’t but we can send you on a 1 day folk lift truck course with no actual licence at the end of it. Pointless!

Yeah but if we had walked in looking like a scag user with 10 kids in tow they would have given us anything we wanted.

Hell yeah and a free week in Disney world for you and the 10 kids. This country is so messed up its beyond repair

I’m a 36 year old time served toolmaker I was made redundant @ Christmas 2013 signed on the dole 14 February 2014,1 day later got a phone call from a guy in Portsmouth who works for the dwp he asked what my next step was looking for work.I explained to him I wanted to do my hgv C+E as I had been offered a job with a local haulage company when and if I got my hgv cat C+E license, I have wanted to change career for a while so I phoned a few local haulage firms explained my situation just basically put some feelers out,to find out if there was work available for inexperienced drivers.A number of firms came back offered me a job if I was prepared to team up with an old timer for a week or 2 to get some experience, before I was sent out alone I said no problem they put the job offer in writing. I gave the proof of the job offer a letter the company sent me to the guy@ the DWP within 24hours I had confirmation that I will be funded to do my C+E LICENSES. So I have managed to find a job and get all my training practical lessons and theory test funded by the DWP I START MARCH 10th, So it is possible it just takes a bit effort. And I little bit of planning.This is the first time I have ever needed to sign on or been out of work I found the guy @ dwp JCP paul he was called to be a great help nothing was to much trouble from what I have heard he is the exception not the rule when dealing with people from the DWP :smiley:

Milowest:
I’m a 36 year old time served toolmaker I was made redundant @ Christmas 2013 signed on the dole 14 February 2014,1 day later got a phone call from a guy in Portsmouth who works for the dwp he asked what my next step was looking for work.I explained to him I wanted to do my hgv C+E as I had been offered a job with a local haulage company when and if I got my hgv cat C+E license, I have wanted to change career for a while so I phoned a few local haulage firms explained my situation just basically put some feelers out,to find out if there was work available for inexperienced drivers.A number of firms came back offered me a job if I was prepared to team up with an old timer for a week or 2 to get some experience, before I was sent out alone I said no problem they put the job offer in writing. I gave the proof of the job offer a letter the company sent me to the guy@ the DWP within 24hours I had confirmation that I will be funded to do my C+E LICENSES. So I have managed to find a job and get all my training practical lessons and theory test funded by the DWP I START MARCH 10th, So it is possible it just takes a bit effort. And I little bit of planning.This is the first time I have ever needed to sign on or been out of work I found the guy @ dwp JCP paul he was called to be a great help nothing was to much trouble from what I have heard he is the exception not the rule when dealing with people from the DWP :smiley:

Bloody hell nice one, that’s a good turn for government. Wish I’d of read this year’s ago id of pushed to get mine paid. Good luck with it all