Weight/time restriction in Vauxhall?

Hi everyone, does anyone know whether there is a weight / time restriction on the ring road, just after the bridges going to and from Elephant and Castle? I was sent to Southwark by a certain parcel company, and was given a map with their recommended route… but have received a fine for exceeding 18 tonnes on a restricted street during prescribed hours… now no one, including myself, has ever noticed any signs displaying any restrictions on the Kennington Lane j/w Durham street… can anyone shed any light on this, as this is the regular route used by the company, and no one else has ever copped for a fine… :confused:
Cheers…

Tell the company to pay it if you did not deviate from the issued route

As above if they told you the route it’s down to them. londoncouncils.gov.uk/downlo … /fid/15026

That whole area is restricted so they should have an approved route by llcs for it

should the company pay it even though I’m sub contracted to them ? :question:

justshakingthebush:

Depends on the terms of your contract,most parcel firms are on the mercenary side so I would be surprised if they have not got you by the short and curlies in the small print.
Hope they haven’t as its hard enough to earn a crust without toe rags effectively stealing money off you.

ain’t that the truth!!

would it be worth contesting the fine?

justshakingthebush:

I think you may have just answered your own question, you are a sub’y, is your reg number on the companies list of approved motors.

OssieD:
I think you may have just answered your own question, you are a sub’y, is your reg number on the companies list of approved motors.

would this be my ‘get out of jail card’?