Weight Question

Could someone please help me with the answer for this :smiley:

Going along the A66 last week westbound on way to Carnforth and the Intended route was A66 then M6 south. As we got to Brough it was signposted M6S down the A685 through Kirkby in whatsit with a weight restriction of 18T.

Question is: What does the 18T refer to?

We were running bob tail so were we actually allowed through? The sign was white background with red circle round it with the 18T in the middle. I get the MAM & MGW palaver mixed up anyway :blush: :blush:

As it could turn out to be a regular jaunt bobtail I’m hoping I’m legally allowed through :laughing: :laughing:

I can’t see why not personally as we are actually smaller and lighter than the rigids which are legal :open_mouth:

Thanks

if you were fully loaded, what would be your total weight? are you now under the weight sign? if yes, you can go through wether loaded or empty - if no, then you cannot wether loaded or empty.
Think I said that right :exclamation:

In the case of a bobtail unit, MGW would be 18t for a 4-legger, 26t for a 6-legger, just like a rigid. That’s what you need to be working with for the HGV ban through Kirby Stephen AFAIK.

Why was this post movedâ– â– ?

It is not the only LAW related question on the forum :imp:

No response eh :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: