Weight plate question! HELP!

Hey everyone, currently in the process of doing my class 2 training, and with my current job we have a large box van, merc sprinter. We’ve got a 2 day trip next week where I’ll have about 8ish photocopiers in the van.
I was figuring out weights for the vehicle and got confused with something.
Its got a GVW of 3500kg. So no problems there I can figure out the load I can put on, but there is a GTW (at least I think it is…there’s a weight underneath 3.5t on the weight plate) and it is 5500kg…

My question is, can I drive this vehicle (without a trailer) if my licence only covers me up to 3.5t? I passed post 97, so can’t drive anything over 3.5t! Any help is much much appreciated as I can’t get a very useful answer anywhere online!

Danny.

On a two axle vehicle there is a weight plate with 4 figures on it and they are always in this order

GVW = the max it can legally be when fully laden
GTW = when towing the legal max the actual weight of both vehicle and trailer can be when weighed together
FRONT AXLE
REAR AXLE

GVW at 3500 = B licence
GTW = if not towing then ignore it

PS - as you are doing your LGV C training then look at the weight plate in the truck
If you are doing it in a two axle lorry then the figures on the weight plate will follow the same as the van plate

GVW= Gross Vehicle Weight (the one you are driving)

GTW=Gross Train Weight (when pulling a trailer)

gov.uk/vehicle-weights-explained

The load needs to be spread evenly over the deck, be careful not to overload the front or rear axle, not sure how much a photo copier weighs, but it might be best to run them down the deck in pairs & not put them all on the head board.