Weight Limits

Hi All,

Can someone define the following signs please. 7.5t except for access & 7.5t except for loading.
My colleague had to make a delivery, inside one of these zones, in an 18t truck. The delivery was on his manifest. However he was spotted by someone on the “Lorry Watch” scheme & now faces prosecution. Was he ok to go past the signs & on to his delivery?

Loading means just for loading/unloading whereas access means you can use it to go to a cafe, get diesel, go to truck dealers etc.
Just because “Wolly Watch” report you doesn’t mean you will get prosecuted. Half the time Lorry Watch are just old gits with no day centre to ■■■■ themselves in.

As above - if he was doing a drop he’s in the clear.

He will not get done for that. If he can prove he had drop with in the limit wouldn’t give it a secand thought
The only thing you have to be carefull of is that there is no access from another way with no wight restrictions

I had a letter through before with pics of the truck front and rear , I had to fill out the forms and send back , questions like , how often are you in the area, was there anything we should take into consideration etc… I sent it back and they didn’t take any more action , just wrote back saying don’t do it again basically

Many years ago i got a similar letter for the offence of going through a 7.5t limit… in a 7.5t vehicle :unamused: They see anything bigger than a van and send out letters IMO no matter how legal you are so expect some hassle.

Muckaway:
Loading means just for loading/unloading whereas access means you can use it to go to a cafe, get diesel, go to truck dealers etc.
Just because “Wolly Watch” report you doesn’t mean you will get prosecuted. Half the time Lorry Watch are just old gits with no day centre to ■■■■ themselves in.

Nice to see you’ve got the Christmas spirit this soon :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

many years ago, i was spotted inside the london lorry control zone at Twickenham late at night, needless to say, i was duly reported to the authorities

i received a phonecall from the transport manager (in the loosest of terms) basically asking what i was doing there

i asked him for the address where i was spotted, and then asked him to confirm the delivery address of the store in that area

i was actually parked there, with the back doors open, delivering to the store

the really stupid thing about it is, we even had the exemption certificates so that we could run in that area out of hours :unamused:

splitshift:

Muckaway:
Half the time Lorry Watch are just old gits with no day centre to ■■■■ themselves in.

Nice to see you’ve got the Christmas spirit this soon :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

These pricks ■■■■ me right off. Whinge about (in my case) tipper lorries then come begging to the local quarry operator for some free gravel for the village hall car park.
Ths Christmas I intend to be possessed by the spirit of Jack Daniels.
:laughing:

Ths Christmas I intend to be possessed by the spirit of Jack Daniels.
:laughing:
[/quote]
Now that’s what I like to hear, I too am hoping to be possessed by the spirit, but of Co Antrims finest"Bushmills 10 year old malt" as they say there’s only one thing you put in a “Bushmills” thats another “Bushmills” :laughing:

Laphroaig Quarter Cask for me. Cheers. :sunglasses:

Muckaway:

Amen to that.

Hold on where did that come from? we were on a serious subject here :laughing:

splitshift:
Hold on where did that come from? we were on a serious subject here :laughing:

Sorry mines southern comfort or a good bottle of brandy.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rhythm Thief:
Laphroaig Quarter Cask for me. Cheers. :sunglasses:

Neat?