weight limits

I will probably get shot, but when you come to a weight I am right In saying that It applies to the vehicle maximum weight (and if towing a trailer ad the trailer max weight) not it running weight.
as some people have told me other wise.

You mean the weight limit signs on roads?

If you do then they mean the maximum gross weight of the vehicle unless otherwise stated (some refer to max axle weights)

It’s a bit hard to understand what you mean but:

All trucks have an MAM (Maximum Muthorised Mass) or GVW (Gross Vehicle Weight). This is printed on a plate in the cab and that’s the weight that matters - not the actual weight at the time.

So an empty 44 tonne truck can’t go down a road with an 18T weight limit even if it only weighs 17 tonnes

just read that and you are right I have mess it up, should not post and watch the tv at the same time.
have re done the post.
I will probably get shot, but when you come to a weight limit eg 3 ton and my land rover has a max gross weight of 3.5 tons, I am right In saying that the weight that applies to the vehicle is the maximum weight (and if towing a trailer ad the trailer max weight) not its running weight.
as some people have told me that as my land rover is around 2700kg on the weighbridge i can use the roads with 3 ton wight limits.

Santa has confirmed what I was thinking, thanks Santa better avoid that road with the 3 ton weight limit as it comes out on the same road as vosa HQ newbury is on and just around the corner from the cop shop.