Weight limit

Ok guys , been a while since I posted so here goes .
After getting my class 2 in January I was lucky enough to find a job driving for an engineering company , best career decision I’ve ever made , so my dilemma is I’m required to drive a 7.5 DAF Single axle flatbed with aluminium sides , no one at work seems to know the weight limit and as much research as I’ve done seem to think it’s 3.8 tonne . I want to be legal so was wondering if this is right .
Any help ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

cliffey:
Ok guys , been a while since I posted so here goes .
After getting my class 2 in January I was lucky enough to find a job driving for an engineering company , best career decision I’ve ever made , so my dilemma is I’m required to drive a 7.5 DAF Single axle flatbed with aluminium sides , no one at work seems to know the weight limit and as much research as I’ve done seem to think it’s 3.8 tonne . I want to be legal so was wondering if this is right .
Any help ?

The GVW will be on the weight plate and it is usually the second figure from the top

GTW
GVW
axle 1
axle 2
etc

I think it is a legal requirement for the gvw, payload etc to be displayed on a plate in the cab.

However, if your employer isn’t overly bothered on helping you find out you can work it out by using the following equation:

Salary + how much you need your job

Then divide this sum by the:

dvsa fine for being overweight + points on licence

That will give you the answer you are looking for

I have a feeling he asked about Payload?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Luke81:
I have a feeling he asked about Payload?

If this is about payload then there is not a requirement to have that listed

To find a vehicle payload take it to a weight bridge without a load on it but have a full tank of fuel along with the driver and all the drivers usual stuff in the cab then weigh it
Take that weight from the GVW to get the payload

Cheers guys

It would be much better to have a Payload on ministry plate…

Luke81:
It would be much better to have a Payload on ministry plate…

Except for the fact that doesn’t take into account how a truck’s weight unladen can evolve through its life… Different bodies, additional lockers, ADR kit, one driver could be a whippet, the next could be the size of a house!

The way its done really is the only way, until we get to the point where all lorries have load sensors on all axles…

Our rigids at work take different weights before they are overloaded. Our Scania’s can take 11.5 ton before they are overweight whilst the Renaults can take only take 11t or so before they are overweight. Every truck is different.

F-reds:
one driver could be a whippet, the next could be the size of a house!

What you saying about me? :open_mouth:
Although Blue Estate has more to worry about than me… :wink:

We have half a dozen units and trailers and each one and therefore combination weighs different.
In my job we are loaded to carry as much as we can in one hit, and loaded on a weigh bridge, where I also have to enter the unit and trailer I’m driving as they are stored in the system. However the actual weight never matches what’s in the system and I can only assume they are recorded in the system to ensure it’s not wildy out… The tanker is then filled within 300kg’s of it’s limit, and then I get in it! :open_mouth:

That still leaves a little bit of leeway, but if Blue Estate was to get in with me we might be in trouble! :laughing:

The technical overall payload on my lorry has dropped by one roll of turf in 3 years. Just because I put on 15kgs :laughing:

Technically…