Weight Limit Question

I live in a village not far from a motorway junction and sometimes when passing I call home for a shower, cup of tea, etc.

When I park up I go past a 7.5 ton except for access sign and continue for about a quarter of a mile and park up in a quiet turning just before the actual village and walk home. Is this a reasonable case for “access” e.g. access to my home for personal business?

Just wondering in case anyone takes a N.I.M.B.Y. approach to my small 44t truck :slight_smile:

I always understood “Except for access” meant access in connection with a trade or business"

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: It worked for me…I used to take the unit home at weekends when home and occasionally the trailer if just in for a night. I too lived in a small village with a 7.5 ton (except for access) limit. I had checked with t he neighbours about any objections and occasionaly parked the unit elsewhere if neighbours were having a party or when one close neighbour was selling his house. I also kept the local old folks stocked with oranges and onions :wink:

After many years of this a complaint from a local councilor who lived 4 streets away :unamused: ended up with the cops (1st local and then traffic) rolling up at the house on regular occasions to investigate the lorry “completely blocking the street” :unamused: It became a bit of a standing joke with them. Anyway despite this guy complaining in every varied way he could imagine the Police said they could and would not move me but could i pop the side lights on at night and suggested perhaps filling in a CMR for delivery of “dirty laundry” or “hooky ciggys” :wink: :wink:

The local council then pitched in along with the NIMBY parish council and all were unsuccessful.

However if they had figured out,earlier than they did, to complain to the TC then I could have been in trouble via the “O” licence regs and that is what you will have to be careful of. By the time it got to that stage my motor was sporting “yellow plates” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: