Weight limit London help

Had a drop in Chelsea today so came in off A40, down A3220 past Westfied then straight on at Shepherds Bush. Been doing that way for years and never noticed anything.

So today I came off the island onto Holland Rd and I notice my satnav throwing a hissy which isn’t unusual in London but it made me notice a 7.5t weight limit sign about 200yds after the island. No advance notice that I could see either st the island or at start of road.

Bloke at the drop reckons it’s one of the side streets. Anyone know anything about it?

If you have…

Gone through a limit, no need to do a thing. The borough council will send your firm all it needs to know in the post.

Yeah its more a peace of mind thing. End of the day I went through it, nobody was killed and my instrument of death remained away from any bridges.

It’s more the fact that there was no as advance warning (that I seen) and no realistic way out once you seen the signs.

I know that road (A3220) - used to use it regularly on my way to deliver at Chelsea & Westminster hospital. 7.5T limit was implemented a couple of years ago and no, I don’t think there are any advance warning signs.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

what ever you do don’t be tempted to try and avoid it by going down the next appropriate road. Its a real pita. I asked the goods in people at guys hospital how to get to their bay was told you have to drive through 2 no entries and the wrong way up the 1 way streets.(you don’t) I have found most of they guys on the loading bay are as thick as whale blubber and its best not to ask them anything.

There’s this the other side of Holland park r/a which is an out of date London Lorry Control sign referring to 16.5 tonnes. Might be worth some proper advice if something comes through the post. Being the belligerent sod that I am I would have my hackles up over the lack of correct advance warning.

google.com/maps/@51.5064035 … 384!8i8192

Yeah seen that, and some other timed ones, but it was 8am so not in scope of LLCS hence why I carried on.

Its daft having a restriction with no advance warning and no way out of it when you get there. I’ve looked at ways I couldve avoided it and the one way around it is not suitable for an artic.

if your after 7am your ok we use it all the time it is 7.5ton during lbts without permits.

From the London Lorry Control Scheme Website: londoncouncils.gov.uk/servi … about-llcs

"Where are the Lorry Control signs located?

In accordance with the London Local Authorities and Transport for London Act 2003 (Greater London (Restriction of Goods Vehicles) Traffic Order 1985), there is no requirement to place signage on each stretch of restricted road.

The scheme includes roads within the M25, covered by the London wide traffic order for the movement of vehicles weighing over 18 tonnes. Signs can be found where the ‘excluded route network’ (ERN) meets a ‘restricted road’."

From the traffic signs manual assets.publishing.service.gov.u … ter-03.pdf

“PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC5.1 General5.1.1. This section describes the group of signs that prohibit traffic or categories of traffic … It is important to address the directional signing changes needed when a regulatory measure prevents some or all traffic from following the previously signed route. This could apply to pedestrian zones or bus gates, as well as to the restrictions covered in this section…When width, height, length or weight limit signs are used, it is important that the alternative route is clearly signed not only at the start of the diversion but also at the last place where a vehicle can divert, even though this might not be the preferred diversion route.”

So from this it would seem that the 7.5 t weight limit sign on Holland rd is not compliant with regulations since there is no advance warning sign visible on Street view 2019. Also the Night time ban advance warning sign is non compliant as well. If something comes through the post contact your union for advice.

I would not put it past snooty residents to remove except for access signs as well as stealing a 7.5t sign from another location and erecting it to suit themselves.

karl67:
if your after 7am your ok we use it all the time it is 7.5ton during lbts without permits.

That sort of makes sense, along with Cavs post, so hopefully all is well.

I done the same thing yesterday did anything come back of it ?

Gogz1992:
I done the same thing yesterday did anything come back of it ?

Hi mate I can confirm I heard nothing in the end :slight_smile: