Weight limit changes in Grays/ Thurrock

Just a quick one. Noticed this morning that the 7.5t limit signs are going up on London Road in Thurrock. This will mean you can’t get to Askews Farm Lane or Gumleys industrial estates from Thurrock end near the Co-op. Instead you will have to access from the Grays turning on the A13. Think this will be strictly enforced as well as London Road residents have been making a huge fuss about it! As soon as it goes live will let you know!

Well how do they expect you to get to the askew farm lane or gumley road industrial estate as its a weight 7.5t weight restriction from before the aldi store on london road through to askew farm lane and gumley road going away from grays so if they make it an 7.5t weight restriction from the Harris daf roundabout down to the askew farm and gumley road you won’t be able to get to askew farm lane at all as Devonshire road is also a 7.5t weight limit

Is the weight limit also signed as either except for access or loading ?

As I understand it they are going to lift the restriction on Devonshire Road. Much better way in anyway! We already use Devonshire Road as supposedly the limit has been suspended due to London Road residents complaining. As far as I can see Devonshire Road must have been designed for this very purpose!

It seem pretty pointless having a 7.5t weigth limit to me as your still gonna have plenty of lorries using London road between Devonshire road and the Harris daf roundabout to get to excess Europa trading estate of London road

Yet another bit of poor planning by the council! The houses on Devonshire Road are complaining as well! However that road is more suited to heavy traffic. I have a feeling that London Road will get a width restriction after the Magnet Industrial Estate to stop the traffic going through to the other estates.

they have also changed the speed limit on Devonshire road from 40 to 30 where the houses start.

London Road has been a bone of contention for many years. Plod was always out and about looking to catch the sneaky tankers coming from VDB or P&G to the cleaning stations of At Stevens, Wincanton, P&O and Thurroclean :blush:

That was also true when Pat worked in the Rabbits

The joys of buying a cheap house in an industrial area

I am a firm believer that anyone who buys a property after the industrial units were built, should not get a voice in these type of matters. If you’re happy to move in, live with the consequences

OVLOV JAY:
I am a firm believer that anyone who buys a property after the industrial units were built, should not get a voice in these type of matters. If you’re happy to move in, live with the consequences

I use the same argument with the people who bring me noise or traffic complaints about Donington Park, East Midlands Airport and Mallory Park. If you want easy access to fantastic motorway links, want leisure on your doorstep and a five minute drive to go on your holidays. Than you are welcome in South East Derbyshire or North West Leicestershire, however if you want to use facebook to complain anonymously about a charity music festival, can I suggest you buy a little island somewhere else. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is now active! You can come from Harris Daf as far as Magnet Industrial estate but the section of london road up to Askews and Gumleys Industrial estates is now 7.5t and no except for access! Got to come via A13 and down Devonshire Road.