Weight at front of trailer when dropping it

Rowley010:

AndrewG:
Today…VanHool tilt, ten pallets of 1 tonne granules up front with 2 and a half pallets to the rear of the legs, stood upright no probs.

So 10 ton actually forward of the legs? Or was some of the 10 ton behind the legs?

No, some of it was behind the legs, not much though around 2 tonnes at a guess. I worded my original post wrong :wink:
Ps- the old VanHool tilts we pull are pretty old and some a bit tatty now but theyre a very strong old trailer…

we put 6.5 ton on a single axle urban had it balanced with the wheels off the ground.

we panicked and took the full lot off and reloaded it.

was pretty cool though

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Radar19:

bald bloke:

Radar19:
9 ton will send it down on its nose. We had that happen in our yard.

Yes but that depends on how far forward the weight is and what type of trailer so I’d say lots of different scenarios going on, most of our trailers have tail lifts which obviously add a bit of weight to the tail end.

Our are Euroliners and other Euro crap. All flimsy types. It had 9 ton on the headboard. Driver pulled his unit out then donk, the trailer smacks the deck.

When you say 9 ton on the headboard do you mean literally 9 ton was forward of the legs? Or was it say 6 tons forward with 3 tons on top of or behind the legs for example?

Each leg will stand 12000kg minimum on a 30 tonne trailer.All empty trailers will stand on one leg.
Max static leg loading and leg ratio is on a plate riveted to the leg sleeve.

Radar19:

bald bloke:

Radar19:
9 ton will send it down on its nose. We had that happen in our yard.

Yes but that depends on how far forward the weight is and what type of trailer so I’d say lots of different scenarios going on, most of our trailers have tail lifts which obviously add a bit of weight to the tail end.

Our are Euroliners and other Euro crap. All flimsy types. It had 9 ton on the headboard. Driver pulled his unit out then donk, the trailer smacks the deck.

So you had 9 tonne in 2 meters of trailer? thats clever.
What was the other 11 meters for.Ballast?