Weigh in motion sensors.

Had an induction today,at a company near me,and we were shown a dvd of weigh in motion sensors,which work in conjunction with ANPRS.

So if you think that you can get away with running overloaded,think again.

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … debut.html

So next time you see a muriad of lines across the motorway,and a couple VOSA guys sitting nearby,then be afraid,be very afraid,as yet another example of big brother is watching you.

Ken.

the same type of technology is used to set lower limits on speed cameras, i believe :exclamation:

They’re somewhere on the M25 already, around J8 near the VOSA site is my guess.

The anpr system isn’t 100 % anyway .

I used an anpr garage earlier and it read the numbers on my reg as 694 when in fact they are 894 .
So i could have driven away without paying and never been found :laughing: :laughing:

Thats the thing with technology , there is always a problem .

These bloody things concern me because some of the quarries I go in don’t have visible scales to measure my axle weights :unamused: . Over-weight on axles is a real problem with a 6-wheeler and I try to weigh them wherever possible.

Does anybody know if you can be done for being overweight if you have a ticket from the quarry saying otherwise? :confused:

There is a WIM on the M20 near Maidstone too. and before the main site at Beatock

You dont need an accurate weight for VOSA, it just gives them a clue that you are heavy and they then weigh the axles properly.

How many times have you been pulled when empty and blocked the layby waiting for your turn in the queue for the bridge? when a copper who wouldnt light a room if his head was fluorescent had pulled you.

I had cause for concern last week when a customer was using a single axle weigh plate to weigh tankers in and out of the factory. I know there was a court case a few years ago about the ministry using them to weigh a milk tanker. The problem is when you set off the milk moves so you cannot get a true weight

paul@midway:

I used an anpr garage earlier and it read the numbers on my reg as 694 when in fact they are 894 .
So i could have driven away without paying and never been found :laughing: :laughing:

True, it doesn’t work 100% of the time. Do you want to bet your license that it doesn’t work on your particular occasion?

At the start of our Kosovo convoys we have to go down the A13 towards London, and we have to go one junction beyond the start of the LEZ. Even though we only did one return trip in, both of the trucks got letters from TfL/DVLA saying that they’d been spotted inside what is going to be the LEZ, and that we’ll have to pay from Feb. So, the ANPR worked pretty well in that case…

MrFlibble:

paul@midway:

True, it doesn’t work 100% of the time. Do you want to bet your license that it doesn’t work on your particular occasion?

At the start of our Kosovo convoys we have to go down the A13 towards London, and we have to go one junction beyond the start of the LEZ. Even though we only did one return trip in, both of the trucks got letters from TfL/DVLA saying that they’d been spotted inside what is going to be the LEZ, and that we’ll have to pay from Feb. So, the ANPR worked pretty well in that case…

All the more reason to vote for Boris :smiley: