Weekly Rests - where can you take your "regular"?

Can you please clarify - you can take a reduced rest either at home or away from home - but what about your regular 45 hours - one of my mates was told yesterday that you can only take your 45 hours outside of your lorry i.e. you cant sleep in your truck over this period -

Thanks

Strictly speaking this is true, although it isn’t enforced.

Regulation (EC) 561/2006:

Where a driver chooses to do this, daily rest periods and reduced weekly rest periods away from base may be taken in a vehicle, as long as it has suitable sleeping facilities for each driver and the vehicle is stationary.

they would have a field day if they enforced that rule , immingham packed with brits and foreigners having weekly rest period

Harry Monk:
Strictly speaking this is true, although it isn’t enforced.

More than one person has said that the French enforcement agencies are starting to take an interest in this.

now why does that not surprise me

truckerone:

If they are trying to put a stop to eastern Europeans spending months away from home at a time, then for both those drivers’ sakes and for the sake of their domestic transport industry then I would support it, although it would appear to satisfy the letter of the law if the driver stayed in a hotel or even pitched a tent next to the truck.

Harry Monk:

truckerone:

If they are trying to put a stop to eastern Europeans spending months away from home at a time, then for both those drivers’ sakes and for the sake of their domestic transport industry then I would support it, although it would appear to satisfy the letter of the law if the driver stayed in a hotel or even pitched a tent next to the truck.

It was suggested to me by a douanier in Caen that this was the plan, he was complaining that they didn’t speak any European language. I had to agree with him in English. I think he was local to Caen because he said that the French and England were friends.

He said we were friends malc? Was he grooming you? :smiley::grin::grin:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2