weekly rest

where i work it is rare for us to clock up 4.5 or more driving time each day, we normally work 7 am ish to 5pm ish, i usually have my breaks in line with wtd, unless i do more then 4.5 hrs drive, we aslo will do some sat morns normally 7 tilll 12 ish, i work that if i do 2 sat morns then the next one i will take off… usual 50 ish hour week,

now the interesting bit after recieving some so called training for CPC i have been told this is wrong,
i should not be doing more then 45 hr week?? and any saturday morn work should be compensated by the end of the 3rd week, ie if i finish 12 lunch time on sat then i cannot start till 12 lunch monday…

am i wrong or is this trainer talking utter bollox

The times you are quoting are driving not duty hours

agreed… i said that the instructor was getting confused with actual driving time compared to duty time, but i was still told i was wrong… how can we comply when instructors have,nt a clue…

I think there’s a few different regulations getting mixed up

There is no 45 hr weekly limit on either driving or duty.
There is a 90 hr driving limit on any rolling 2 weeks.
There is a 48 hr working time limit (driving and other work only) averaged over 17 or 26 weeks.

The rules regarding weekly rest are as follows:

Within six 24 hour periods from the end of the last weekly rest period, a driver will extend a daily rest period into either; a regular weekly rest period of at least 45 hours, or a reduced weekly rest period of less than 45 hours but at least 24 hours.

In any two consecutive weeks, a driver shall take at least two regular weekly rest periods, or one regular weekly rest period and one reduced weekly rest period of at least 24 hours.
However, the reduction shall be compensated by an equivalent period of rest taken en bloc before the end of the third week following the week in question.

So I think someone has got a bit mixed up there! :unamused:

dle1uk:
i work that if i do 2 sat morns then the next one i will take off…

Better to do every second Saturday, two consecutive Saturdays isn’t giving you enough weekly rest to meet the requirements of the regulations, given your Monday start time.

dle1uk:
now the interesting bit after recieving some so called training for CPC i have been told this is wrong,
i should not be doing more then 45 hr week?? and any saturday morn work should be compensated by the end of the 3rd week, ie if i finish 12 lunch time on sat then i cannot start till 12 lunch monday…

The Saturday morning work doesn’t need compensating, the reduction in rest does.

If you finish at 12:00 on Saturday and require a full weekly rest you cannot start before 09:00 Monday, it’s 45 hours rest not 48.

Don’t worry about compensation for the weekends you work Saturdays. If you finish at 12 and start back at 07:00 Monday that is only 2 hours to compensate for and as you have about 14 hours daily rest after your Monday shift, 17:00 - 07:00, then you have already compensated for it.