weekly rest

Could anyone advise me on this please: Having had 45+ hours rest I work mon tue wed finishing at 22.00 on wed. I then have thursday off and work friday starting at 07.00 and finishing at 19.00. I have saturday off. What time can i start on sunday? Will it be classed as a reduced weekly rest or do i add the thursday rest and saturday rest together thus making a full 45+ weekly rest. Thanks in advance.

Whatever time you like and you will have 6x24-hour periods available until you need to take another weekly rest.

That will be your second weekly rest period, both reduced if you start before 16:00 Sunday, but you cannot add them together to make a 45 as a full weekly rest must be at least 45 continuous hours. As you have two weekly rest periods in the same week you only need to compensate for one of them, you choose which one and depending on whether you want the rest, choose the shorter one, or to make the compensation as short as possible choose the longer one. That compensation will have to be made before the end of the third week following the reduction so if this is week 1 then before the end of week 4.

If you finish at 19:00 Friday and don’t start until 16:00 Sunday you won’t need to make any compensation.

Thanks very much, so when i compensate for a,say 35 hour rest does this mean i have to have an extra 10 hours on top of a 45?

The 10 hours owing have to be attached to a rest period of at least 9 hours (ie a reduced daily rest). Clearly you could also attach to a weekly rest period as this is “at least 9 hours”.

Hope that helps. Pete :laughing: :laughing: