weekly rest

i dont know if i can word this right but here goes

we all know a daily rest has to be within the 24 hours ie if you start your day at 0900 and work a 13 houe day to have 11 rest by 0900 the nxt day all ok :question:

suppose i start work (after my 2 weeks holiday so as i got a blank sheet) at noon on a sunday and work till friday afternoon at 1500h that gives me 45 h of rest till noon sunday

but what happens if i work till 1800 on the friday and go back in sunday @ 1500 does that count as a full rest or reduced rest and 3 hours to pay back?

Full rest 45 hours taken
cheers
Steve

malcolmj:
i dont know if i can word this right but here goes

we all know a daily rest has to be within the 24 hours ie if you start your day at 0900 and work a 13 houe day to have 11 rest by 0900 the nxt day all ok :question:

suppose i start work (after my 2 weeks holiday so as i got a blank sheet) at noon on a sunday and work till friday afternoon at 1500h that gives me 45 h of rest till noon sunday

but what happens if i work till 1800 on the friday and go back in sunday @ 1500 does that count as a full rest or reduced rest and 3 hours to pay back?

From 18:00 Friday to 15:00 Sunday is 45 hours so it’s a regular 45 hour weekly rest period and you have nothing to pay back.

As you started the week at noon on Sunday you need to start a weekly rest period no later than noon Saturday which you have, so the weekly rest period starts when you finish work on the Friday and ends 45 hours later regardless of the fact that you started at noon the previous Sunday.

The important part is when you start the weekly rest period not when it ends :wink:

Although DAILY rest has to fit WITHIN (inside) a fixed period (24 hours) this does not apply to WEEKLY rest
WEEKLY rest has to be IN (1 minute is counted as being IN) the WEEK (mon 0000 to sun 2400 ) you want it attached to

I think I said that right…