weekly rest

Hi guys any help on this one,
I am on a Mon to Friday shift this week,the Friday finishes off with a 15 hour max shift as an added overtime chance,it is a about 7 hours driving but with other duties,starts at 7.00am till 10.00pm.
I am then due to start my night shift I do every 2nd week on Sunday,will I have to start at 7.00pm on Sunday night as this will have given me my 45hours weekly rest period or can I start a bit earlier??
A little confused,but want to stay safe within the regs.Advice most welcome,many thanks.

FH12Volvo:
Friday finishes 10.00pm…Sunday start at 7.00pm
45 hours weekly rest period or can I start a bit earlier??

what time did you have off for the previous weekly rest period ?

as long as you have a full weekly rest (45 hours or more) the weekend before and after it doesnt really matter as long as you are able to make up the short fall by the end of the third week (or is it the end of the fourth week?), not too sure on this as we always make it up on the following weekly rest to make sure theres no confusion of rest time owed

I was on a weeks holiday the week before,I usaully get 12 to 14 hours rest between shifts Mon to Fri,I thought you had to have 45 at the end of the week before your next working shift.

FH12Volvo:
I was on a weeks holiday the week before

In that case you only need a minimum of 24 hours off if you wish to and not 45 it’s your choice

FH12Volvo:
I was on a weeks holiday the week before,I usaully get 12 to 14 hours rest between shifts Mon to Fri,I thought you had to have 45 at the end of the week before your next working shift.

you can reduce it to 24 hours if you so wish, you can do this every other weekend if you need to. as long as you make it up and take a 45 hour rest every other!

Yeah would easy be able to do the 45 every other week,thanks guys.

FH12Volvo:
Yeah would easy be able to do the 45 every other week,thanks guys.

As Lee said you will need to make up the reduction to 45 hours by the end of the third week following the week in which you take the reduced rest.
So it’s not as simple as taking a 45 every other week.