weekly rest?

Hi all,
new on here and hopeing you could help,
is it possible to do a 6 day week the 6 th day would only be a max 6 hr shift with 4.5 driving time,get my 45hrs weekly rest in, then do another 6 day week but the 6th day shift would be 11 hrs(7 hrs driving) so reducing my weekly rest??
the following weekend would be full weekly rest
during the week i work aprox 7 hrs per day with 5 1/2 daily driving
does this make sense :blush:
thanks
si

As long as in any two consecutive fixed weeks you take at least two regular weekly rest periods - minimum 45 hours- or one regular and one reduced weekly rest period - minimum 24 hours - then there is nothing to prevent you doing 6 days in consecutive weeks.

The one thing you have to be careful of is the compensation for the reduced weekly rest period which must be taken in one block before the end of the third week following the reduction - if you reduced in week 1 it must be compensated for before the end of week 4. This compensation must be attached to another rest period of at least 9 hours, in effect either a daily or weekly rest period.

If you post you start and finish times each day, particularly on the 6th day and the day after your weekly rest I could answer you question more accurately.

Thanks Coffeholic

week 1
tues 0300-1000am
wed "
thur "
fri "
sat 0300-1000am- back in at 1900-0100(sun)

week 2
tues 0300-1000am
same as last week

sat 0300-1000am- back in at 2400-1130 am (sun)

tues 0300-1000 ect…
:smiley:

You are fine with those hours and can continue to do them without issue.

Your first weekly rest is 50 hours and your second is 39.5, leaving you 5.5 hours to compensate for. This compensation is actually accounted for on your first daily rest period immediately after the reduced weekly rest. This daily rest, 10:00 Tuesday - 03:00 Wednesday, is 17 hours which means you can compensate for the 5.5 hours and still leave 11.5 hours, so you are not even taking a reduced daily rest, which wouldn’t be an issue anyway as you only take one reduced daily rest in the entire shift pattern.

Hope that helps.

fantastic
thanks for your help :smiley: