weekly rest

Hi Guys
Just wondering if someone can answer this for me if i work 6 straight days ( day shift ) then take 2 days holiday would this also count as my weekly rest ?

Yes. Depending how much week/shift time/length is left it might count as a reduced rest though. Could do with more details tbh

toonsy:
Yes. Depending how much week/shift time/length is left it might count as a reduced rest though. Could do with more details tbh

Hi mate finish work at 13.45 on the tuesday then start back on the friday morning 05.00

Yes then, that’s a 45 hour rest period for that fixed week.

Being paid or not has no bearing on the regs if that was what you were thinking :question:

ROG:
Being paid or not has no bearing on the regs if that was what you were thinking :question:

All good mate its just that our boss seems to think that agency drivers should get all the o/t that is going and i am a thorn in is side because i want the o/t before the agency drivers after all i work full time for them

ROG:

ALL good mate its just our boss seems to think that agency drivers should get all the o/t that is going and i am a thorn in his side because i want the o/t before the agency drivers after all i am a full time driver for them and the t.g.w.u.just let him get away with it

scotbrew21:

ROG:

ALL good mate its just our boss seems to think that agency drivers should get all the o/t that is going and i am a thorn in his side because i want the o/t before the agency drivers after all i am a full time driver for them and the t.g.w.u.just let him get away with it

Can’t understand why he would do that. The agency drivers will be earning the same or more than the employed drivers and on top of that the agency will be adding around £5 per hour as their commission.

Harry Monk:

scotbrew21:

ROG:

Can’t understand why he would do that. The agency drivers will be earning the same or more than the employed drivers and on top of that the agency will be adding around £5 per hour as their commission.

I suspect it is because the full time drivers earn more than him

scotbrew21:

Harry Monk:

scotbrew21:

ROG:

I suspect it is because the full time drivers earn more than him

So do the agency drivers :laughing:

I woukdnt put it past being a balanced sheet shuffle. So wage costs for full timers are budgeted, save on that and it inflates his bonus. Additional staff are ad hoc and dont come out of budgeted wages. Used to happen at my old place.