Weekly rest

Oh wise gurus of the Drivers’ Hours, I’d appreciate your confirmation that I’ve got this correct.

Full weekly rest then -

Week 1
Mon - Work
Tue - Work
Wed - Work
Thu - Work
Fri - Reduced Weekly rest
Sat - Work
Sun - Work (End shift/start reduced weekly rest at 22:00)

Week 2
Mon - Reduced weekly rest continued
Tue - Work (Start shift/end reduced weekly rest at 07:00)
Wed - Work
Thu - Work
Fri - Work
Sat - Work
Sun - Work (End shift/start full weekly rest at 22:00)

That seems pretty straightforward - with the reduced weekly rest starting Sunday week 1 being attached to either week 1 or week 2 (I don’t think it makes any difference in this case) and the full weekly rest starting Sunday week 2 attached to week 2.
However, I must start that full weekly rest by 23:59 on Sunday week 2, otherwise that would be two successive weeks without a full weekly rest.

There’s actually an insufficient amount of information to determine whether this is wholly compliant.

Firstly, the prior “week 0” must contain a NWR completing no earlier than the Friday/Saturday of week 0, to stay within the maximum of 144 hours (6 days) between each WR.

Secondly, there must be no more than 60 hours work in any fixed week, and no more than 90 hours driving in a fortnight. This counter is not reset by taking a WR, and with two six-day weeks back-to-back, it might be a real risk.

Rjan:
There’s actually an insufficient amount of information to determine whether this is wholly compliant.

Firstly, the prior “week 0” must contain a NWR completing no earlier than the Friday/Saturday of week 0, to stay within the maximum of 144 hours (6 days) between each WR.

Secondly, there must be no more than 60 hours work in any fixed week, and no more than 90 hours driving in a fortnight. This counter is not reset by taking a WR, and with two six-day weeks back-to-back, it might be a real risk.

Sorry - I should have given that info. Yes, I’m fully compliant with both of those, Rjan (NWR=FWR I assume :smiley: )

Shug:
Oh wise gurus of the Drivers’ Hours, I’d appreciate your confirmation that I’ve got this correct.

Full weekly rest then -

Week 1
Mon - Work
Tue - Work
Wed - Work
Thu - Work
Fri - Reduced Weekly rest
Sat - Work
Sun - Work (End shift/start reduced weekly rest at 22:00)

Week 2
Mon - Reduced weekly rest continued
Tue - Work (Start shift/end reduced weekly rest at 07:00)
Wed - Work
Thu - Work
Fri - Work
Sat - Work
Sun - Work (End shift/start full weekly rest at 22:00)

That seems pretty straightforward - with the reduced weekly rest starting Sunday week 1 being attached to either week 1 or week 2 (I don’t think it makes any difference in this case) and the full weekly rest starting Sunday week 2 attached to week 2.
However, I must start that full weekly rest by 23:59 on Sunday week 2, otherwise that would be two successive weeks without a full weekly rest.

ASSUMING that the full weekly rest belongs to week 0 then …
There are two reduced weekly rests for week 1 so the second should easily compensate for the first
The full weekly rest starting at 2200 at the end of week 2 means that
Week 0 = full
Week 1 = reduced
Week 2 = full

ALL LEGAL :smiley:

Thanks ROG