Weekly rest question

I’m abit confused over my weekly rest as I’ve taken a day off during the week where as I normally just do 5 days then 2 off so it’s easy to keep track of.

Weekly rests before this week are completely fine so I have nothing owing etc.

This week is as follows…
Mon: 0700-1800
Tues: 0600 - 1700
Wed: 0600 - 2100

Then I’ve taken today off, not holiday or anything. Just decided not to work so I can do (hopefully) the following.

Fri/Sat/Sun: 0600 - finish, normally around 12 hours a shift.

Then take Mon/Tues off next week, then work Wed-Sun.

As I’ve got today off, that means I can now do another 6x24 hours periods before needing a 45 hour rest? which I’ll get Mon/Tues which would then allow me another 6x24 hour periods before needing another weekly rest?

I’ll probably be finished around 1800 on Sunday, so from 1800 til 0600 on Wednesday will be 60 hours, that means I’ve instantly repaid what I owe from taking 33 hours off (2100 weds - 0600 fri) ■■ so when I return to work on Wednesday I’ll have nothing owing to anything and start again with a “clean sheet”?

Thanks
Mark.

Seems fine to me, although I haven’t done the sums. I trust what you have put

As you will be having a regular weekly rest of 45 hour or more starting approximately 18:00 Sunday that will count as a regular weekly rest period for this week, therefore there will be no need for compensation for the reduced weekly rest taken today.

As you say you would have enough rest on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday to pay back the compensation if it was needed but it is not needed anyway :wink:

Mark28:
I’ll probably be finished around 1800 on Sunday, so from 1800 til 0600 on Wednesday will be 60 hours, that means I’ve instantly repaid what I owe from taking 33 hours off (2100 weds - 0600 fri) ■■ so when I return to work on Wednesday I’ll have nothing owing to anything and start again with a “clean sheet”?

The regulations only require one weekly rest period per fixed week which means any other rest periods are surplus to requirements and are only used to prevent you doing more than 6x24 hour periods without a weekly rest. This also means they require no compensation when they are reduced weekly rest periods and the 33 hour rest you take from 21:00 Weds to 06:00 Friday is one such rest period and requires no compensation.

Thanks for the replies, although I’m a little confused.

Does taking today off mean I could do another 6x24 periods? and if I did do another 6x24 periods then I would have to compensate for the reduced rest within 3 weeks?

Mark.

Mark28:
Thanks for the replies, although I’m a little confused.

Does taking today off mean I could do another 6x24 periods? and if I did do another 6x24 periods then I would have to compensate for the reduced rest within 3 weeks?

Mark.

Assuming that you had a regular 45 hour weekly rest last week then because you had a reduced weekly rest today you could now work another six 24 hour periods before needing to have another weekly rest period.

If you did six 24 hour periods from tomorrow you obviously wouldn’t be able to get a regular weekly rest in this week so the reduced weekly rest you had today would need to be compensated for no later than the end of the third week following this week, also you would need to have a regular 45 hour weekly rest period next week.

The compensation for today’s reduced weekly rest period would need to be paid back by adding it en-block onto any rest period of at least 9 hours.