Weekly rest question?

I had my 45 hour weekly rest last week but this week I am only getting one day off so will only have a 27 hour rest, will I have to add the 18 hours onto my next 45 hour weekly rest?

No mate, you will just have to ensure you take a full 45hr weekly rest after the 6 driving periods following your reduced 27hr weekly rest, hope that makes sense :smiley:

Are you sure? here http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/freight/road/workingtime/drivershoursgoods.pdf page 12, it says i should add the 18 hours onto a weekly rest period before the end of week 4? or am I reading it wrong?

I’ll double check my euro garb on hrs to verify the latest regs (the one you linked to is 2007) and i’ll get back to you mate. For what it’s worth i’ve never stuck anyone on as long as they’ve had a minimum 45 every two weeks interspersed with minimum 24’s.

Its giving me brain ache :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: so many rules and regs

southcoastsurfer:
No mate, you will just have to ensure you take a full 45hr weekly rest after the 6 driving periods following your reduced 27hr weekly rest, hope that makes sense :smiley:

the 6 driving periods

is not in the current regulations.

take a full 45hr weekly rest …following your reduced … weekly rest

is correct - well. it says that a FULL weekly rest must be taken at least once in every two weeks or something like that - someone will find the exact quote from the regs :smiley:

bubsy06:
i should add the 18 hours onto a weekly rest period before the end of week 4?

correct. - by the end of the THIRD week following the reduced weekly rest I think it says…
OR it can be added to a DAILY rest - 11 + 18 OR 9 + 18

So the 18 hours has to be compensated for within 4 weeks by adding it to a rest period of more than 9 hours?

so i could do

week 1 - 27 hours
week 2 - 45 hours
week 3 - 45 hours
week 4 - 45+18= 63 consecutive hours

bubsy06:
week 4 - 45+18= 63 consecutive hours

OR
week 4 - 24 + 18 = 42 leaving 21 hours to be made up by the end of the THIRD week following the reduced weekly rest :wink:

you could keep ‘bouncing’ the payback and then let it all go to zero if/ when you take annual leave :bulb: :slight_smile:

Cheers ROG.
I am gonna have to start writing down my hours and rest breaks otherwise i am going to get myself into trouble :laughing: :laughing:

bubsy06:
Cheers ROG.
I am gonna have to start writing down my hours and rest breaks otherwise i am going to get myself into trouble :laughing: :laughing:

Remember you have the option of putting them on here so the GURUs can advice you especially if you know what you are GOING to do :bulb: :smiley:

thanks for clearing that up rog, my bad :blush:

you have to pay back the 18 hours by

one regular weekly rest period and one reduced weekly
rest period of at least 24 hours. However, the reduction
shall be compensated by an equivalent period of rest
taken en bloc before the end of the third week following
the week in question.

and that means your 45 +18 as to be payed back by 24.00 on sun of week 4

so your rest in week 4 would have to start on thurs at 9 am so you pay back the 63 hours by 24.00 sun

What do I do if this happens

week 1 27 hour weekly rest
week 2 45 hour weekly rest
week 3 27 hour weekly rest
week 4 45+18 hour weekly rest

do i just have to make sure i add another 18 hours within 4 weeks of week 3

bubsy06:

week 5 say 45
week 6 say 45
week 7 45+18 as this would be you 4th week but you most remmber that its as to be payed back by the end and that means 24.00 sunday and that would mean your rest would have to start thur 9 am

you see if it goes over 24.00 sun you have not payed it back by the end of the 4 week cos your encroaching the 5th week hope you understand

delboytwo:

bubsy06:

week 5 say 45
week 6 say 45
week 7 45+18 as this would be you 4th week but you most remmber that its as to be payed back by the end and that means 24.00 sunday and that would mean your rest would have to start thur 9 am

you see if it goes over 24.00 sun you have not payed it back by the end of the 4 week cos your encroaching the 5th week hope you understand

yes I understand it all now. cheers

delboytwo:

Or
week 7 24+18 as this would be you 4th week but you most remmber that its as to be payed back by the end and that means 24.00 sunday and that would mean your rest would have to start Fri noon

The week 7 hours owed (21) can then be paid back before the end of week 11