Weekly rest Question

Does taking 24/45 hour weekly rest reset the working clock?

Say I work monday, tuesday and then no work for wednesday. Does this mean I can count wednesday as a 24 hour reduced weekly and then work thursday all the way through to the following monday (5 days work) and then id need tuesday and wednesday off as a full 45 hour weekly rest?

Different scenario - Work monday, tuesday…wednesday no work (count this as a 24 hour reduced weekly)…thursday work, friday no work. Can I count friday as another reduced 24 hour weekly or would I be due a 45 at some point?

:neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

Taking 24+ hours off does reset the max 144 hours between weekly rest rule

If I start taking random days off during the week (agency work) how do I know when I need a full 45 hour weekly?

HOP 2 IT:
If I start taking random days off during the week (agency work) how do I know when I need a full 45 hour weekly?

A 45 needs to be IN every other week
A week is sunday midnight to sunday midnight
To be IN means at least 1 minute must be in the week you want it to count for

If you have more than 1 reduced weekly rest in a week then you choose which one you want to count for that week and the rest do not need compensating for

I think I’ve nearly got my head wrapped round this.

So would this 2 week example be correct?

week 1
Mon: work
Tue: work
Wed: no work
Thu: work
Fri: work
Sat: no work
Sun: work

week 2
Wed: work
Fri: no work
Sat: no work

No work on Saturday in week 1, so I count this as a 24 reduced (it resets my 144), and I could work Sunday through to the following Thursday, and i’d need a 45 hour rest friday/saturday in week 2?

HOP 2 IT:
I think I’ve nearly got my head wrapped round this.

So would this 2 week example be correct?

week 1
Wed: no work = REDUCED WEEKLY REST FOR WEEK 1
Fri: work
Sat: no work = EXTRA REDUCED WEEKLY REST WHERE ANYTHING OVER 24 HOURS CAN BE USED AS PAYBACK
Sun: work

week 2
Wed: work
Fri: no work = REGULAR WEEKLY REST FOR WEEK 2
Sat: no work = REGULAR WEEKLY REST FOR WEEK 2

No work on Saturday in week 1, so I count this as a 24 reduced (it resets my 144), and I could work Sunday through to the following Thursday, and i’d need a 45 hour rest friday/saturday in week 2?

EVERY TIME A WEEKLY REST IS TAKEN IT RESETS THE MAX 144 HOURS BETWEEN WEEKLY RESTS RULE

YOU COULD HAVE WORKED FRI OF WEEK 2 THEN TAKEN SAT + SUN OFF

Just be aware that your driving hours are ruled by the fixed week, Sunday to Sunday and if you’ve done two 10hr drives and you have a mid week 24 off you won’t have a 10 hr drive available til after Sunday midnight