Weekly rest question.

Now… im pretty sure i know the answer… but my gaffer is telling me something else… i had 43 hours off last weekly rest… and i got back in the yard at 5am this morning… he wants me back away tomorrow with a 24 off …seeing as im wanting a friday finish next week due to moving house… this to me says i have had 2 reduced weekly rests in a row… he says i can repay it back next weekend… whos right?
No smart comments about him running us into the ground and maxing hours out… im looking for another job[emoji2]

He ‘may’ be correct.

We would need more of your weekly rest history back at least a few weeks or even better back to the last time you had a single rest of 69 hours or more.

It is possible, as a one off now and then, to reduce your weekly rest in two consecutive weeks.

Post more of your weekly rest history

If you had a few days off together at Xmas then please list those and all the weekly rests from then to now

I had 5 days off the previous weekly rest…was getting married!!! Surely that should be classed as other work[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

If that 5 days off included sunday midnight then that counts as a regular weekly rest for the week ending and the week starting so allowing for two weekend weekly rests in a row

Example -
thu to mon off = regular weekly rest for week ending + week starting
tue to sat work
reduced weekly rest for week starting
mon to sat work
reduced weekly rest - not used for any week with no compo needed
mon to fri work
regular weekly rest for week ending

Cheers Rog.