Weekly rest question?

Want to clarify, I need to Take reduced daily rest for 4 days a week so if I work 2 15hr days and then take 24 off then work 2 more 15 hour days then take 45hrs off am I still legal? Thanks.

I,m no expert on hours rules and regs but wouldn’t the fact the working week starts sunday night prevent you from doing this?

copied from the regs

Weekly Driving Limit
The weekly driving limit is 56 hours in a ‘fixed’ week. So, 4 x 9 hour days, plus 2 x 10 hour days for a total of 56 hours. The ‘fixed’ week starts at midnight on Sunday and ends a week later.

chaversdad:
I,m no expert on hours rules and regs but wouldn’t the fact the working week starts sunday night prevent you from doing this?

copied from the regs

Weekly Driving Limit
The weekly driving limit is 56 hours in a ‘fixed’ week. So, 4 x 9 hour days, plus 2 x 10 hour days for a total of 56 hours. The ‘fixed’ week starts at midnight on Sunday and ends a week later.

Working week is not fixed, it’s the period between weekly rests

jay0:
Want to clarify, I need to Take reduced daily rest for 4 days a week so if I work 2 15hr days and then take 24 off then work 2 more 15 hour days then take 45hrs off am I still legal? Thanks.

Can you not split any of your shifts?

A 3 hour break during the day reverts a 9 hour rest to the equivalent of an 11.

I regularly do 5 x 15’s on the trot. I don’t toss it off here and there, get down the road and toss it off in one hit. [emoji3]

Can’t take split rest because I wouldn’t be sat around for anywhere near 3 hours.

Yes, that’s legal. A weekly rest (of either kind) resets your number of available reduced daily rests to 3.

Crack on drive.

The 45 hour rest also qualifies that week for a full weekly rest so no compensation for the 24 is required.

jay0:

yes mate you are, your reduced rest run between weekly rest periods.

you could start Monday do 3x15, take Thursday off 24 hours then do 3x15’s Friday, Saturday and Sunday then take a full rest or another reduced and start all over again.

Perfect, thanks for the replies.

jay0:

YES as long as you had no more than 3 reduced daily rests before the 24 hours off

24 or more off resets the max 3 reduced daily rests allowed between any two weekly rests

Thanks mate.

I love it how (some) drivers desperately try to find ways to work longer hours and reduce their weekly rests to an absolute minimum. A gaffer’s ■■■■■■■■■. :grimacing:

the nodding donkey:
I love it how (some) drivers desperately try to find ways to work longer hours and reduce their weekly rests to an absolute minimum. A gaffer’s ■■■■■■■■■. :grimacing:

Maybe they are hourly paid and need more dosh for Xmas :bulb:

the nodding donkey:

Paid a very nice hourly rate and only work 4 days a week no nights out, what’s desperate about that?

jay0:
Paid a very nice hourly rate and only work 4 days a week no nights out, what’s desperate about that?

60hr week, at least two days where you only have 9hrs to get home, have a shower, have your tea, see the missus and the kids, get 8hrs sleep in, get up, have a wash, have some breakfast, make your packup and drive back to work…

And I suspect the “very nice hourly rate” is still below that of the national average wage.

Conor:

jay0:

60hr week, at least two days where you only have 9hrs to get home, have a shower, have your tea, see the missus and the kids, get 8hrs sleep in, get up, have a wash, have some breakfast, make your packup and drive back to work…

And I suspect the “very nice hourly rate” is still below that of the national average wage.

Don’t have kids, see enough of the missus as it is. Live 15mins from depot. take home £700+ for 4 days. No complaints here :wink:

Also, I usually work around 12hrs per day. I’ve just started working max hours due to it being busy season.

Clients worked for ib 2015 9 clients that run bent 9 clients that flout regs or sack drivers 9 clients I refused to work for again 9 clients who I reported to she and vosa 9 . Its legal If you don’t have an accident is union way