weekly rest question.

Hi How does this effect (if a tall) weekly rest.

I am going to work every other day 4 hours per day which includes a maximum 2 hours driving, the other 2 hrs is getting loaded.

Working Days. M, W, F, Su, Tu, Th, Sa, M. etc…

The day starts at 10.00 ie digi goes in and finishes about 14.00.

Do I still have to show 45 hr weekly rest even though I am only driving couple of hours per day.

I know I can reduce it but I thought I would just ask the Q.

Thanks in advance

Yes, still require no less than a 45hr in any 2 consecutive fixed week periods, and no less than a 24hr each week.

So, doing your example, you’d be breaking the law UNLESS you did an early on say the Monday, and a late on the Wed and there was 45hrs between :wink:

A simple fix would be to start a 1100 once a fortnight, making a 45 hr break

Thanks guys, I just wanted to double check.

And I appreciate your feedback.

And that 45hr break isn’t just from the driving job but all work. Any other job or working at that place doing non-driving is classed as other work under EU Drivers Hours regulations.

Whether you get caught is another discussion but those are the regs.

I know you said you use a digicard but is it deffo an EU regs job ?

Cheers Conor.

It’s the only work I’m doing mate.

ROG:

I don’t want to come across “thick” ROG. Not sure what you mean.On the face of the Question I would say Yes.

explorer1234:

ROG:

I don’t want to come across “thick” ROG. Not sure what you mean.On the face of the Question I would say Yes.

I was wondering if it was a job under UK domestic regs but you were just using digicard to record your duties instead of the optional worksheet

ROG:

explorer1234:

ROG:

I was wondering if it was a job under UK domestic regs but you were just using digicard to record your duties instead of the optional worksheet

ROG it’s a part time job.
Pick unit and empty trailer up. Travel about 20 mls to Rdc load and take it back to where I started.
Do this once a day, every 2nd day.

The only impact on finish time really, is the loading, i’m sure you know what I mean with this… ( loading bays). :wink:

It would depend on what the load is and whether its one of those listed as EU exemptions therefore making it a load under UK domestic regs

With it being an RDC I doubt it would be under an exemption

I would take a stab that the op probably loads a trailer for a long distance job while the regular driver has his daily rest