Weekly rest question- 6th day not driving

hi, i have just started with a new company which works Monday-Friday driving in scope (32t vehicles) from 0700-1700 everyday but on Saturday every week i have to work doing yard duties with no driving from 0700-1200 which means i only have 43 hours weekly rest every week before Monday 0700. my new boss says that because im not driving on the Saturday it doesn’t matter.

surely i need to make a manual entry on a tacho disc saying im doing other work on Saturday from 0700-1200 and as its every week i cannot start Monday shift until 0900 giving me 45 hours weekly rest. the Saturday is mandatory every week.

can someone please give me some advice. thanks

You’re right, he’s wrong. Any work has to be recorded and can’t be considered as rest or break. If he is ever investigated for drivers hours offences, they can, and will, seize time sheets and compare them to tacho records. If they find you’ve been at work whilst your records say you were resting, you’ll probably get done.

barryneill:
hi, i have just started with a new company which works Monday-Friday driving in scope (32t vehicles) from 0700-1700 everyday but on Saturday every week i have to work doing yard duties with no driving from 0700-1200 which means i only have 43 hours weekly rest every week before Monday 0700. my new boss says that because im not driving on the Saturday it doesn’t matter.

surely i need to make a manual entry on a tacho disc saying im doing other work on Saturday from 0700-1200 and as its every week i cannot start Monday shift until 0900 giving me 45 hours weekly rest. the Saturday is mandatory every week.

can someone please give me some advice. thanks

you are legally correct - boss is trying it on and if he insists then explain he is risking his O licence etc

All other types of work done in the same fixed week when under EU regs in that week must be officially recorded and cannot be rest

thanks for the advice, i cant believe i was actually questioning myself, tomorrow is going to be interesting. have a nice weekend and thanks again.

barryneill:
thanks for the advice, i cant believe i was actually questioning myself, tomorrow is going to be interesting. have a nice weekend and thanks again.

best answer i can give is, have a word and if you both agree, start at 5 finish at 10 ■■?.. then get your 45 off.
you’re only looking at 2 hrs difference… or finish at 11 start at 8 on monday… ■■

Finish at ten every other week and one week 45 and one week reduced rest.