weekly rest query

After working every other Saturday since January I have finally thrown to towel in at my warehouse job and hope to drive Class 2 full time. I started working this week for an agency driving class 2 multidrop cage & handball work. The 10 hour days only usually involve 4 to 5 hours actual driving.

I have/plan to work the following shifts this week

Mon-off
Tues-0500-1500
Wed-0500-1500
Thur-off
Fri-0500-1500
Sat-0500-1500
Sun-off

Next week it will likely be

Mon to Fri - 0500-1500

Will I be able to work Saturday next week 0500-1500? I think I wont be able to as I didn’t have a 45 hour solid rest this week.

Would someone please either confirm or correct my thoughts.

Thanks, Shaun

Mon-off
Tues-0500-1500
Wed-0500-1500
Thur-off
Fri-0500-1500
Sat-0500-1500
Sun-off

Next week it will likely be

Mon to Fri - 0500-1500

Will I be able to work Saturday next week 0500-1500?

Did you work the sunday before the mon off :question: - if no then you have had a regular 45+ rest for that first week at the start of the week

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I didn’t work the Sunday before the Monday off. I was under the impression the week began at 12 midnight Sunday, so therefor only had 29 hours rest until Tuesday 0500.

Thanks

MasonD:
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I didn’t work the Sunday before the Monday off. I was under the impression the week began at 12 midnight Sunday, so therefor only had 29 hours rest until Tuesday 0500.

Thanks

There are rules for the fixed week and rules for between weekly rests

What is says about weekly rests is that if a weekly rest is IN a fixed week ( 1 minute IN will do) then it can be used for that fixed week

A weekly rest that includes a minute each side of sunday midnight can be used for the week ending OR the week starting but not both

There is no rule which says that a weekly rest must fit WITHIN a (fixed) week

the thu off is not used for any week

the sun off at the end of the first week can be used for second week if you wish or you could use the sun off at the end of the second week = your choice
Second week - I would use the first sun off at the start of that week as a reduced for week 2 then use the second sun off at the end of the week for its payback

weekly rests not used for any week do not need compensating for = no payback required for unused reduced weekly rests

Thanks for the replys although I am still a little confused. I now know I can work 6 days of next week. If you don’t mind I will update this post after next week with what ive worked and it may become clearer for me.

Thanks Shaun

MasonD:
Thanks for the replys although I am still a little confused. I now know I can work 6 days of next week. If you don’t mind I will update this post after next week with what ive worked and it may become clearer for me.

Thanks Shaun

What are you confused about so that we can help :question: