weekly rest periods

As somebody who doesn’t weekends, weekly rest periods are not a problem, but I have worked the last two Saturday mornings.
So my last three weekend rests have been
64 hours
42 hours
41 hours

Am I right in thinking my next weekly rest should be 45+12=57 hours.

knight:
As some one who doesn’t normally work weekends weekly rest isn’t a problem, however I have worked the last two Saturday mornings. So my breaks have been.
64 hours
42 hours
41 hours

So am I correct in thinking that my next weekend rest should be 45 + 12 = 57
Before anyone asks my working hours have not amounted to more than 144 in between.

As you seem to having problems with your post perhaps one of the mods can clean it up a bit for you when they see it :wink:

Assuming that you only have one weekly rest period a week it looks like you may already have failed to have the correct weekly rest periods :frowning:

In any two consecutive weeks you should have either two regular weekly rest periods or at-least one regular weekly rest period and one reduced weekly rest period.
In other words you should have a regular 45 hour weekly rest period at-least every second week, you cannot legally have two consecutive weeks with only two reduced weekly rest periods as you have in your example.

The compensation for a reduced weekly rest period must be paid back en-block by no later than the end of the the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken.

Your next weekly rest should be no less than 45 hours but you will have to pay back compensation of 3 hours in the next 2 weeks and another 4 hours within the next 3 weeks.
Compensation for a reduced weekly rest period can be added onto any ret period of at-least 9 hours so you may have already paid it back if you have long daily rest periods.

Sorry I’ve no idea where you’ve got the 12 hours compensation from, according to the times you’ve given you have a total of 7 hours to pay back.

Why 12 hours compensation week 2 compensate 3 hours week 3 4 hours = 7 hours but its wrong anyway as you should have at least 1 45 hour in 2 weeks i think

So have you driven 6 days and then 6 days again with only 41 hours rest before you drove the 3rd week ?

Anyone can download the drivers hours manual from VOSA.

dft.gov.uk/vosa/publications … guides.htm

It’s only 56 pages long, no wonder people get so confused. Stick to the general guidlines and you wont go far wrong

I’ve edited my post, should have looked at it properly.
The 12 hours comes from my misunderstanding of the graph on the Vosa site. Rereading it and BJD is correct in saying it’s 7 hours. So I should have 45+7=52.
As tachograph and others have said It looks as if I have already fallen short of my weekly rest. I don’t know where I got it from but I was under the mistaken Impression I could have two reduced rests as long as it was paid back on the third weekend. Which it will be, if belatedly.
Thanks for the replies but I still think VOSAs site is as clear as mud.

Most members here are only to pleased to help its allways best to ask if your not sure as ignorence is no defence with vosa

56 pages! Surely they could overhaul the hours (with consultation with drivers) and come up with a sensible, and easy to understand set of rules. Most know the basics, but its when something out of the ordinary crops up that we come unstuck. I’ll be honest, day to I day I know the rules, but as I asked yesterday I didn’t fully understand the rules regarding running home on the 7th day, but within the 6 x 24 hour rule!

happysack:
56 pages! Surely they could overhaul the hours (with consultation with drivers) and come up with a sensible, and easy to understand set of rules. Most know the basics, but its when something out of the ordinary crops up that we come unstuck. I’ll be honest, day to I day I know the rules, but as I asked yesterday I didn’t fully understand the rules regarding running home on the 7th day, but within the 6 x 24 hour rule!

Yeh i agree day to day its quiet easy but certain areas like compensation could be a lot more straight forward but then any thing to do with europe is never simple and as for the wtd lets not go there …

Wtd? Nah you got me there…what’s that then? :wink: :wink:

depend how long you daily shift.because if you taked 42 hours.you must taked 3 hours compensatoin,but THIS 3 HOURS CAN AD TO ANY DAIRY REST …full legaly can taked compesation in block ,but not less for 9 hours.just if you taked one reduced weekly rest ,next one must be full 45 hours

knight:
As somebody who doesn’t weekends, weekly rest periods are not a problem, but I have worked the last two Saturday mornings.
64 hours
42 hours
41 hours

If you had the jubilee weekend 4 days off then that is legal as long as the next time you have a 45 off

ROG:

knight:
64 hours
42 hours
41 hours

If you had the jubilee weekend 4 days off then that is legal as long as the next time you have a 45 off

I’m not sure this is right ROG. I’ve an idea you’re going to say count rest in this week or that week etc…but its still illegal i’m sure.