Weekly Rest Period

Hi Is it legal to work on a Rota of 6 Full days Driving and then 2 days off, and then the same again and again. The reason I ask is that I am under the impression that a weekly rest period must also be taken in each fixed week Monday to Sunday. So if I look at 4 consecutive fixed weeks I should have 4 weekly rest periods.Working on a rota of 6 days on and 2 days off dose not give me this

Welcome to Trucknet-UK matthewbellfield :wink:

You are correct that either a regular weekly rest period or reduced weekly rest period must fit into each fixed week, any compensation for a reduced weekly rest period must be paid back by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken.

matthewbellfield:
Hi Is it legal to work on a Rota of 6 Full days Driving and then 2 days off, and then the same again and again.

Yes, you can do 6 days back to back continuously but it depends on start finish times. We have a driver at our place who does it each week but he doesn’t start until lunch times Monday and finishes lunchtime Saturday so each week he gets his full weekly rest in despite having worked on each of 6 days. However he only gets one full day off a week, the Sunday.

matthewbellfield:
The reason I ask is that I am under the impression that a weekly rest period must also be taken in each fixed week Monday to Sunday. So if I look at 4 consecutive fixed weeks I should have 4 weekly rest periods.Working on a rota of 6 days on and 2 days off dose not give me this

Correct, If you are having two full days off between each 6 days of work so much more than the 45 hour full weekly rest then week 3 would be the problem as you wouldn’t have a weekly rest to count for that week. Assuming week 1 began with you working the Monday after Saturday and Sunday off, you would need to begin a weekly rest before midnight on the Sunday of week 3 which would mean only doing 5 days that week, Wednesday to Sunday.

tachograph:

You are correct that either a regular weekly rest period or reduced weekly rest period must fit into each fixed week

a regular weekly rest period or reduced weekly rest period must begin in each fixed week

Doesn’t have to fit into the week, we’ve had people before on this forum incorrectly believing it had to in the same way a daily rest must fit into the 24-hour period.

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

You are correct that either a regular weekly rest period or reduced weekly rest period must fit into each fixed week

a regular weekly rest period or reduced weekly rest period must begin in each fixed week

Doesn’t have to fit into the week, we’ve had people before on this forum incorrectly believing it had to in the same way a daily rest must fit into the 24-hour period.

You’re right, I meant to say that a there has to be a weekly rest period that counts for each fixed week :blush:

Many Thanks for all your help This is how I inderstood it. Mat