Weekly Rest Period

Hi

Need a bit advice on weekly rest period, never had problem as I always worked mon-fri with the odd sat, but now my shift has changed and I’m on tue-sat and normally finished on sat by 14.30, I believe that week begins on From Monday midnight and runs to Sunday midnight but that would only give me 34.5h rest if you count from sat 14.30 then I have all day off Monday do I need full 45h weekly rest by end of 3rd week■■?

Hope that makes sense

Ade

I think I found the answer what I was looking for, it looks like it don’t matter if I finish on sat or Friday, long as is not more then 6 consecutive days, so my weekly rest should count from finish shift on Saturday until starting Tuesday.

“Weekly rest periods
A driver must start a weekly rest period no later than at the end of six consecutive 24-hour periods from
the end of the last weekly rest period.”

The fixed week does run from 00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday but a weekly rest period can cross over two fixed weeks, so as you now realise your weekly rest period will start when you finish work on Saturday and finish when you start work on Tuesday.

Thanks for confirmation

It’s only the 10 hr drives that are set in the “fixed week” (sunday 24.00 monday 00.01) - everything else is “between rest periods”

ADR 1:
It’s only the 10 hr drives that are set in the “fixed week” (sunday 24.00 monday 00.01) - everything else is “between rest periods”

Weekly Driving time maximums are also set in 1 and 2 fixed weeks