Weekly rest - is this legal?

I understand a regular weekly rest minimum is 45 hrs, and the need to compensate if short.
Is this shift pattern legal ?

Week 1 - 42 hrs weekly rest (3 hrs short)
Week 2 - 42 hrs weekly rest (3 hrs short)
Week 3 - 61 hrs weekly rest ( includes 6hrs compensation from previous weeks)

Any help appreciated

keano1:
I understand a regular weekly rest minimum is 45 hrs, and the need to compensate if short.

Any help appreciated

Generally it’s best to stick to a regular 45 hour weekly rest period at-least every second week.

It can in some circumstances be legal to have reduced weekly rest periods in 2 consecutive weeks but there’s not enough information in your post to say whether or not that would be legal in this case.

To give a more definitive answer would require knowing your weekly rest periods back to the last time you 90 consecutive hours rest.

This post explains how it works

Not sure if it is mentioned in that link in the last post but the example only works if all the weekly rests include sunday midnight so the can be used for the week ending or the week starting

ROG:
Not sure if it is mentioned in that link in the last post but the example only works if all the weekly rests include sunday midnight so the can be used for the week ending or the week starting

If you mean the example in the link they don’t all have to include Sunday midnight, the first one does but after that I don’t see that it matters as long as at-least one weekly rest period falls partly or wholly in each week.

tachograph:

ROG:

If you mean the example in the link they don’t all have to include Sunday midnight, the first one does but after that I don’t see that it matters as long as at-least one weekly rest period falls partly or wholly in each week.

I was thinking if the 90 hours was perhaps a few months beforehand

keano1:

Any help appreciated

Also, although that scenarios isn’t legal, the compensation for the reduced rest in Week 1 doesn’t have to be made until before the end of Week 4. You can of course compensate earlier but it doesn’t have to be in the third week.

If I do week 1 -24hrs week 2 -45’hours week 3 -24 hours week 4 -66 ?

Smoggie89:

That would be legal, week 6 would also need to be a minimum of 66 if you kept to that pattern and to be 100% legal the 66 hours would need to be completed by midnight on the Sunday of week 4.

Coffeeholic:

Smoggie89:

That would be legal, week 6 would also need to be a minimum of 66 if you kept to that pattern and to be 100% legal the 66 hours would need to be completed by midnight on the Sunday of week 4.

Cheers mate