Weekly rest help....

Hi people, can someone give me some advice on weekly rest, even the VOSA bloke i called confused me lol…

I currently work the following:
Mon-Fri 7:00 - 18:00 (but only 9 hours of driving)
and work every other saturday 7:00-13:00

My boss wants me to work the next few saturday as the other driver is on holiday, but the way i working it out I wont be have my full weekly rest and even with a reduced weekly rest i can only work every other weekend, have i worked it out correctly?

You have worked it out correctly.

When you work a Saturday you are reducing your weekly rest to 42 hours and you cannot do that every week.

BTW. You say you work 07:00 - 18:00 and do 9 hours of driving, is that around 9 hours driving every day Monday to Friday? If so that means about 45 hours a week and 90 a fortnight, which leaves you no, or very little, driving time for the Saturday you work.

Thats a very good point, i forgot to consider that when working it all out, My driving work does change from day to day, its recovery work so alot is loading, unloading and paperwork.

If he stops at 13:00 Saturday to 07:00 Monday that makes a 42 hour rest, which means a payback of 3 hours at some point, which he could add to a reduced break in the week as his normal rest is 13 hours, however it does appear he is stuffed on the 90 hours in a fortnight rule.

how does the pay back working? i thoery, if i stopped work at 13:00 Saturday to 07:00 Monday that makes a 42 hour and i did the same the following weekend, could i not make the time back by not working the 3rd weekend?

dydigital:
how does the pay back working? i thoery, if i stopped work at 13:00 Saturday to 07:00 Monday that makes a 42 hour and i did the same the following weekend, could i not make the time back by not working the 3rd weekend?

You can’t have only reduced rests in two consecutive weeks, so by taking a 42 on the second weekend you would not be meeting the weekly rest requirements. The minimum requirement for any two consecutive weeks is one reduced and one full.

The payback must be made before the end of the third week following the week of the reduction. This means if you reduce in Week 1 you must have made the compensation before midnight on the Sunday of Week 4. Week 4 is the third week following Week 1.

Being a recovery driver, are you running on ec driving rules or do you run domestic driving rules?