weekly rest confusion

as title says bit of confusion

had a week off, back to work monday 24th Jan 2pm finish midnight
worked all week doing similar shifts saturday was last shift that week finishing sun 2am.

Had 38 hours off
back work
monday 4pm until 12
tuesday 2pm till 11pm
wednesday 2pm to 1am
thursday off
might be working this friday afternoon
but do i need to have 45 hours off before sunday??

or can i manage with another 5 or 6 shifts till next week as i am having 4 days off next weekend anyway?

i have allways done 5 on 2 off 6 on 1 off before xmas, but way work is just now working ad hoc shifts
ta
Andy

andy187:

worked all week doing similar shifts saturday was last shift that week finishing sun 2am.

Had 38 hours off
back work
monday 4pm until 12
tuesday 2pm till 11pm
wednesday 2pm to 1am
thursday off

or can i manage with another 5 or 6 shifts till next week as i am having 4 days off next weekend anyway?

i have allways done 5 on 2 off 6 on 1 off before xmas, but way work is just now working ad hoc shifts
ta
Andy

Your weekly rest should be 45 hours which you know about.

If you do not take 45 hours rest before the start of your working week then you have to pay back the hours that you have, shall we say borrowed.
So if you only have 38 hours rest then you owe 7 hours, so because you had a rest day on Thursday you paid back them hours.
So no you do not have to have 45 hours rest before Sunday so long as you pay it back before the end of the working week. So if you are having a long weekend the that should be enough pay back.

andy187:

Had 38 hours off
back work
monday 4pm until 12
tuesday 2pm till 11pm
wednesday 2pm to 1am
thursday off

ta
Andy

You started with a week off work so part of that will count as a full weekly rest for the week starting Monday 24th January (last week).

You had a reduced weekly rest period of 38 hours for this week and another reduced weekly rest period on Thursday/Friday which would also be enough to pay back the compensation for the 38 hour reduced weekly rest period (01:00 Thursday to when you start Friday afternoon is bound to be more than 31 hours (24 hour weekly rest + 7 hours compensation)).

If you start work Friday afternoon it will be the start of a new six 24 hour periods that you can work and you have no compensation to pay back as you’ve already paid back the hours that need to be compensated for.

However you should have a regular 45 hour weekly rest period next week, but as you’re planning to have 4 days off next week anyway it’s covered.

That’s the long answer the short answer is:

No you do not need to have a regular 45 hour weekly rest period before Sunday :wink:

many thanks for help, sounds a lot clearer now, always usually to have 45 off every 2 weeks , seems easiest way.

had day off any way today, run cancelled, so on for another 6 days i hope