Weekly rest compensation question

Hello ladies :grimacing:

Possible daft question :question:

I had a reduced weekly rest last weekend of 31 hours, ( booked off Saturday at 07.15 and booked on Sunday at 14.15), so 14 to comp at some stage.

After driving to near my drop on Sunday, I had 11 off, got to site yesterday morning and was parked up due to the site being winded-off. Tacho went on break at 08.00 yesterday morning and I haven’t turned a wheel until booking back on at 07.00 this morning.

As weekly rest compensation can be added to a 9 hour daily rest, that means I’ve now cleared my 14 hour reduction having had 23 hours off :unamused: , but does that count as a reduced daily rest for last night?

Thanks in advance.

threewheelsonmywagon:

I had a reduced weekly rest last weekend of 31 hours, ( booked off Saturday at 07.15 and booked on Sunday at 14.15), so 14 to comp at some stage.

After driving to near my drop on Sunday, I had 11 off, got to site yesterday morning and was parked up due to the site being winded-off. Tacho went on break at 08.00 yesterday morning and I haven’t turned a wheel until booking back on at 07.00 this morning.

As weekly rest compensation can be added to a 9 hour daily rest, that means I’ve now cleared my 14 hour reduction having had 23 hours off :unamused: , but does that count as a reduced daily rest for last night?

Thanks in advance.

YES - if you want it to as its your choice as to how you use those 23 hours off

If you are going to be able to compensate those hours before midnight on the 2nd November then it doesn’t have to be a reduced daily rest if you are going to need it before your next weekly rest.

Coffeeholic:
If you are going to be able to compensate those hours before midnight on the 2nd November then it doesn’t have to be a reduced daily rest if you are going to need it before your next weekly rest.

December!

ROG:

threewheelsonmywagon:

Thanks in advance.

YES - if you want it to as its your choice as to how you use those 23 hours off

Thankly all, but what I should have said is, is it one or the other, ie: if I use 14 as compensation, then the other 9 count as a reduced rest, or if I class it as a normal rest, the other 13 are wasted?

threewheelsonmywagon:
Thankly all, but what I should have said is, is it one or the other, ie: if I use 14 as compensation, then the other 9 count as a reduced rest, or if I class it as a normal rest, the other 13 are wasted?

Yes it is one or the other I’m afraid.

If you want the 14 hours to count as compensation then you’ve had a reduced daily rest period, if you want yesterdays rest to be counted as 11 hours (regular daily rest period) the other 13 hours cannot be used as part of the compensation.

Compensations for reduced weekly rest periods has to be paid back in one lump, it cannot be paid back in segments.

tachograph:

threewheelsonmywagon:

Yes it is one or the other I’m afraid.

If you want the 14 hours to count as compensation then you’ve had a reduced daily rest period, if you want yesterdays rest to be counted as 11 hours (regular daily rest period) the other 13 hours cannot be used as part of the compensation.

Compensations for reduced weekly rest periods has to be paid back in one lump, it cannot be paid back in segments.

Thought as much. Thanks all.

Had you taken 24 hours off then you would have had these options
Use it as a regular daily 11 and a reduced weekly rest 24
OR
Use it as a reduced daily rest of 10 hours and payback of 14 hours