Weekly rest clarification

Hi all, the previous week 21/5 on tacho. 22/5 I had Saturday Sunday off so 48hr weekly. Mon 29th bank hol so this week I did no driving but other work Tuesday to Friday 32 hours. Rest from 330pm Friday to 730 am Sunday. Today did 6hrs other work till 130pm.
Resting now till 8am tomorrow.
Question if I do 40hrs other work this week can I drive on tacho next weekend? Or will I need a clear 45hr rest?
Last week I calculated 1 x 24 hr rest Monday and 40 hrs between Friday and today?

Thanks and sorry for the long ramble!!

spacemanZ10:
Hi all, the previous week 21/5 on tacho. 22/5 I had Saturday Sunday off so 48hr weekly. Mon 29th bank hol so this week I did no driving but other work Tuesday to Friday 32 hours. Rest from 330pm Friday to 730 am Sunday. Today did 6hrs other work till 130pm.
Resting now till 8am tomorrow.
Question if I do 40hrs other work this week can I drive on tacho next weekend? Or will I need a clear 45hr rest?
Last week I calculated 1 x 24 hr rest Monday and 40 hrs between Friday and today?

Thanks and sorry for the long ramble!!

Bit confused …
Let me try and sort it in my mind …

You drove for the fixed week 15/5 - 21/5
Then had 20/5 + 22/5 off so regular weekly rest
You then drove for the fixed week 22/5 - 28/5
Then had 27/5 + 28/5 + 29/5 off so regular weekly rest
You then worked but not drove for the fixed week 29/5 - 4/6 (today)
Is that right so far :question:

Hi Rog should read
Fri 26th tacho driving
27-28th rest
29th bank hol so rest
30-2nd of June no driving 30 hrs other work finish 330pm on 2nd.
Sat 3rd rest 24hrs (from fri-sunday am = 40 hrs)
Sun 4th 730-130pm other work then rest
Mon 5th to Fri 9th 330pm will be 40 hrs other work no tacho.

So can I drive tacho Saturday 10th or sunday 11th as previous week 29th -4th June had a 30 hr and 40 hr rest periods? Or will this coming weekend need a continuous 45?
Thanks

The weeks where no driving was done is not legally recordable for the EU regs so will be deemed as a regular weekly rest by default - seems odd by that seems to be the way the authorities deem it !
Therefore you can have a reduced weekly rest this coming weekend

ROG:
The weeks where no driving was done is not legally recordable for the EU regs so will be deemed as a regular weekly rest by default - seems odd by that seems to be the way the authorities deem it !

Thanks Rog I didn’t know that. Just been advised to keep manual records to show what I have done in between tacho time.
Thanks again

spacemanZ10:

ROG:

Thanks Rog I didn’t know that. Just been advised to keep manual records to show what I have done in between tacho time.
Thanks again

Manual records are ok to keep but full fixed weeks where no driving was done are not taken into account by the regs

r

ROG:
Manual records are ok to keep but full fixed weeks where no driving was done are not taken into account by the regs

r

Although you are correct, my friendly neighbourhood DVSA enforcement officer tells me he would expect to see records even for a week where no driving took place - and that he would issue a prohibition for failure to produce until produced. This would affect the OCRS.

I have argued he is incorrect but he tells me this is the DVSAs view of the requirements. He insists he must see records for the previous 28 days

I always advise to carry records of any work carried out in the last 28 days

Fine - use a diary to show other work for non driving week but for the regs they are not legally required - DVSA know that :open_mouth: