Weekly rest and payback

A bit of advice please on weekly rest.I work Wed to Sun but have been asked to do an extra shift on a monday 1 out of 3.
Now I know I will have a reduced weekly rest period so when do I pay it back eg:
week 1 work extra shift…Wed to Mon
Week 2 work normal…Wed to Sun
Week 3 work Wed to Sun +Payback…yes by this week is that correct.
Also week 2 could probably payback the reduced rest in that week…so does that mean I could do an extra shift every other week then…as I will have automatically paid back reduction in the following week…■■?
Thanks :question: :question: :question: :question: :confused: :confused: :confused:

What time do you normally finish on Sunday and start on Wednesday ?

What time will you finish on the extra Monday ?

If you can payback the hours owed from the reduced weekly rest on the following full weekly rest then you’ll have no problems and you can do the extra shift every other week providing you have enough driving and work hours available

The compensation for a reduced weekly rest period should be paid back by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken.

If week 1 is work Wednesday to Monday, Monday actually starts a new week so the reduced weekly rest is taken in week 2 (Tuesday), the compensation should be paid back no later then the end of week 5.
The end of the third week following week 2.

Hope that makes sense :wink:

Whether or not you could have a reduced weekly rest period every other week would really depend on how long your normal weekly rest period is and by how much you will be reducing the weekly rest period when you work Mondays.

Normally finish on the Sun around 1600hrs and start around 0500hrs on Wed.
The Monday extra shift would be start around 0500hrs and finish 1700hrs.

Hope that makes sense :wink:

yeah I think so :laughing: :laughing: :confused: :confused: .
I would be able to do it within week 3 I hope,or even the week after the shift…depending on times…

FH12Volvo:

So you’ll be reducing by about 9 hours and you normally have about 61 hours.
You should have no problem having a reduced weekly rest every other week :wink:

FH12Volvo:

Full weekly rest = about 60 hours
Reduced weekly rest = about 36 hours

9 to pay back from the reduced is easily paid back with the full (with about 6 hours to spare)

Extra shift every other week is no problem at all regarding the weekly rests and the paybacks

cheers guys thats the times normally but they do differ only slighty,been asked to do 1 out of 3 so that can be easily paid back,just wanted to know about the every other week one cos they are available sometimes,yeah I think 1 out of 2 is easily possible.
Thanks again,I will just make sure on my finish and start times although I think it will be 1 every 3.ta. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: